Ingreso rápido:  

Forum: Old versions

Tema: Numark Total Control Problems And Questions - Page: 1

Esta parte del tópico es antigua y puede contener información incorrecta para la nueva versión.

G_KerHome userMember since 2002
I need some help with my numark total control and dj/io sound card, well

Question 1 : Pitch Fader And Bpm Change
-------------------------------------------------
I will give you an example for my problem

the Deck A has bpm 127.4 and i want to make the Deck B the same bpm 127.4 so that i can mix them...i use the pitch fader but i cant make the Deck B 127.4 it goes 127.5 or 127.3 or 127.6....i want the pitch fader to increase the bpm 1 point..i mean 127.1-127.2-127.3 not 2 or 3 points...the software Virtual Dj do that..!

How i can change the pitch fader to do that?

Question 2 :Pitch Fader And Sync Button Problem
-------------------------------------------------------
while i a mixing i push the sync button, then if i want
to change the pitch, for example after the sync the bpm is 128 and i want to change the bpm to 128.2, the pitch fader doesn't responses(work) i must move the pitch fader up and down a lot and after 3-4 seconds works..!!!

If i don't push the sync button the pitch fader works fine.....

And i have this problem in both programs.....cue and traktor...so it seems that
the problem must be in the total control......?

Maybe i must change my settings? Has the total control problem?
I will appreciate your help......

Mensajes Fri 07 Dec 07 @ 3:58 am
I have the same problem...I am wondering how sensitive are these slider pots that Numark has installed?.They dont seem to be very sensitive.
Also did you notice how the music just cuts off when you try to fade out on the volume sliders when your near the bottom on the volume sliders? Not a very smooth exit......The Mix fader handles this better..

Same sound card also..

Mensajes Fri 07 Dec 07 @ 6:44 am
yes true not smooth exit....!

did you find any solutions to these problems with the pitch..?

Also can you help me with the settings in the Dj/io...
i mean with the latency (control panel)...i dont know which is the best 256 samples,128,49 for example?

Are you happy with the dj/io....did you make good mixes....

When i use the dj/io card (cue le and traktor le) i cant mix very good for example 2 songs the same bpm but the songs not stay sync perfect.
When i use my on board sound card Realtek HD the
mix is better..the songs stay sync perfect...!

Also the sound of dj/io isnt very clear too much bass booth something i dont know the word...i dont know if its the speakers the problem i use creative soundworks 4 speakers speakers and woofer (5 years ago model).

How you rec the mix with the dj/io.....?

what program do you use cue,virtual dj or traktor..

Mensajes Fri 07 Dec 07 @ 9:23 am
No I have not found any solutions yet....

Have you downloded the latest drivers from Numark for this card?

My beat mixes are staying in sync just fine...just the pitch sliders seem to hesitate, then jump to catch up and all is working then.
Mine sounds much clearer without my Numark mixer involved. I am looking into investing in a new one anyways.

I am not at my home laptop so I cant give you any latency settings

Sounds best with the PC, DJ/IO, and the Total Control for mixing. I am using EV SX100'S with a sub and they all sound great!
I have not rec anything yet.
I am using VDJ PRO.

Mensajes Fri 07 Dec 07 @ 10:25 am
I have the latest drivers for dj/io from numark site..

a friend told me that the virtual dj and cue is better for mixing than the traktor..the songs stay sync i must change my settings in cue software and dj/io...

i will check and my speakers something i wrong....

I am waiting for your latency settings when you are at home

this pitch problem makes me crazy...ha ha..!

i hope numark release updates to these problems...
i have posted these problems in muarks forum but numark support dont reply..!

thanks a lot for your reply and help..

Mensajes Fri 07 Dec 07 @ 10:58 am
G_Ker wrote :
Pitch Fader And Bpm Change

This depends on how many steps (Unique values) the pitch slider has. Many MIDI controllers only have 128, which is not enough for fine adjustments. Setting a smaller pitch range will help. If you have the latest version of VDJ, try setting the pitch range to 6%.

Controllers with greater pitch precision include the Numark DMC-2 (1016 steps), Denon HC4500 and DAC-3 (256 steps.)

Mensajes Fri 07 Dec 07 @ 12:25 pm
In the case of the total control, it's not the midi slider, but it's the range of the pitch fader in VDJ settings. If you want to do precise beat matching, I would reccomend changing the pitch fader range to +/- 8%

Mensajes Sun 09 Dec 07 @ 1:50 am
fezaoHome userMember since 2008
HEEEELP, I BOUGHT MY TOTAL CONTROL YESTERDAY, SO, I CONECTED ON MY COMPUTER AND MY COMPUTER RECOGNIZES, BUT MY CONTROLLER IS NOT POWER, THE LEDS NOT LIGHTING, AND THE CUE, VIRTUAL DJ, NO RECOGNIZES.
I´M VERY VERY BAD.
WHO CAN HELP ME?

Mensajes Tue 25 Nov 08 @ 6:24 pm
well have u activated it in the config??..are you using the CUE LE??

Mensajes Tue 25 Nov 08 @ 9:49 pm
My mixes xome out good with the sound card..they stay synced...well i have to move the pitch jog to keep them sync..or you can do it the easy way and beatlock it..but i use the jog wheel...

Mensajes Tue 25 Nov 08 @ 9:52 pm
djranesPRO InfinityMember since 2007
sonido1902 wrote :

Cue LE will auto recognize the TC if you plugged it in before you start the software, otherwise it will say no hardware or controller found.
Cue LE is only limited in 2 pages of config/setup page, e.g info and sound setup only.

Mensajes Wed 26 Nov 08 @ 5:29 am
fezaoHome userMember since 2008
no CUE LE, but i use CUE, in the CUE LE appear: The controller has not been detected. Please plug in the controller an start cue again.
but i had been this.
so i plug in my computer but no plays, i don´t have anyone signal.
in first time, the windows open one ballon near of clock, but in nexts conection, my computer plays one sound, when i conect.
i am desperate.
in hardware config in my computer no appears nothing, only connections usb, but appear "Numark Total Control"
I had been tested all ports USB.
Do you have something to do with the firmware?

In my device manager appear one device: TotalTrackControl, but the same appear one yellow "'!'", when i update the driver, the name is changed!
HEELP!"!"

Mensajes Wed 26 Nov 08 @ 8:06 am
djranes wrote :
sonido1902 wrote :

Cue LE will auto recognize the TC if you plugged it in before you start the software, otherwise it will say no hardware or controller found.
Cue LE is only limited in 2 pages of config/setup page, e.g info and sound setup only.

yea i 4got...you cant use CUE LE if it doesnt reconize it..the program wont even open...

Mensajes Wed 26 Nov 08 @ 10:33 am
notwnlHome userMember since 2008
Hey all,

I have a question:

I am connecting my Numark Total Control to my desktop PC, but it doesn't work. It connects first as the TotalTrak Control, and then it auto updates itself to a USB Audiocontroller.
If I start Que LE after that, it pops up that my Total Control is not connected.

Does anyone have the same problem or has solved this problem?

Grtz

Mensajes Fri 28 Nov 08 @ 12:18 pm
DJ-ALFPRO InfinityModeratorMember since 2005
That is strange, how do you got audio controller when TC does not have sound card built in? Did you tried on other USB port/Computer?

Mensajes Fri 28 Nov 08 @ 1:12 pm
spinnaJPRO InfinityMember since 2004
notwnl wrote :
Hey all,

I have a question:

I am connecting my Numark Total Control to my desktop PC, but it doesn't work. It connects first as the TotalTrak Control, and then it auto updates itself to a USB Audiocontroller.
If I start Que LE after that, it pops up that my Total Control is not connected.

Does anyone have the same problem or has solved this problem?

Grtz

Do u use any other hardware/controller too before?

Mensajes Fri 28 Nov 08 @ 1:13 pm
cshinnHome userMember since 2008
Fezao, I have the same problem - computer doesn't recognize Total Controller. When I connected it, the computer initially recognized it, then I had to unplug it to more some USB devices around. Restarted the computer, plugged the controller back into the same port but no luck. (I'd try reinstalling the drivers if I could find them!!)

Mensajes Thu 25 Dec 08 @ 12:50 am
sbangsPRO InfinityMember since 2004
cshinn wrote :
Fezao, I have the same problem - computer doesn't recognize Total Controller. When I connected it, the computer initially recognized it, then I had to unplug it to more some USB devices around. Restarted the computer, plugged the controller back into the same port but no luck. (I'd try reinstalling the drivers if I could find them!!)

You most likely have a IRQ conflict.

http://www.helpwithpcs.com/upgrading/change-irq-settings.htm

Mensajes Thu 25 Dec 08 @ 2:20 pm
sorry didnt read the other posts before i posted

when i connect my total control to my laptop running vista via the usb,it says the device isnt recognized,any suggestions?
I do have an email in to numark about this issue as well

Mensajes Thu 15 Jan 09 @ 5:59 pm
FIRMWARE UPDATE!!! there is a known issue with the total control not coming with firmware. when i purchased it i was killing myself thinking it was the hardware or program but it wasn't. if you do a search on youtube for numark total control firmware you will see a video from someone explaining how to check for it and then install it if its not on the unit. once i did the steps i haven't had a problem since. i have no issues with picth sliders, gain nothing. although if the pitch is at lets say -4 on the slider on screen it will not react to the change until you match the pitch on screen with the slider on the total control. I have uploaded the sysx file and current firmware from numark here www.djsynystr.com/VDJ save the one called Total Control and watch the movie on youtube and you should be good to go!

Mensajes Fri 16 Jan 09 @ 7:58 am
23%