Ingreso rápido:  

Forum: Old versions

Tema: Music skips

Este tópico es antiguo y puede contener información incorrecta para la nueva versión.

I sent my question into VDJ tech support last week but haven't heard from them, so I thought I would ask the VDJ community for help. Perhaps some of you have had the same problem.

My music skips, sort of like a hiccup. About every other song. I Purchased VDJ in June 2006 and upgraded each new release(currently 5.7). It has worked fine for years but just started skipping a couple of weeks ago. I brought it to the computer shop for repairs. They checked for viruses and spyware, did diagnostics on the memory and hard drive. It didn't help.

This is on my HP desktop that I use in my skating rink. Using Windows XP on a HP 2.8ghz Pentium 4 with 1.5gb ram and 160 gb hard drive and on-board sound. I also tried using an ESI gigaport USB. It still skips.

Anyone else have this problem? I can't afford for this to happen on a mobile gig, and I'm currently not having any problems (yet) on my laptop. Could there be a conflict with iTunes, Windows updates, or other software? No other programs are running (unless iin the background). I even disabled the internet access, but no change.

I have to fix this or go back to PCDJ. I don't want to buy a new computer without solving the issue, because it could come right back on the new one.

Thanks for any help!

Mensajes Sat 20 Sep 08 @ 11:47 am
is that when ur using timecoded vinyl by chance? if it is try cleaning the needel and it should stop it (untill it gets cloged again!) if u r just using keyboad and mouse, when does it skip? when does it start etc. and well take it from there, also are all your audio drivers up to date?

Mensajes Sat 20 Sep 08 @ 12:56 pm
Thanks for the fast response carlrose!

I've never used timecoded vinyl . I am just using the keyboad and mouse.
When does it skip? when does it start etc. and well take it from there:>>

I am usually playing from a preset playlist. It will usually skip during the first song played and continue skipping every other song or two.

Are all your audio drivers up to date? >>Not sure about that. Not much of a computer whiz, but I will find out.

Mensajes Sat 20 Sep 08 @ 2:01 pm
Tear Em 'UpPRO InfinitySenior ModeratorMember since 2006
Also Jimbo....post your system specifications here...it might be system related...

Mensajes Sat 20 Sep 08 @ 2:07 pm
Thanks Tearemup. Not sure which system specs you mean.
From my 1st post: HP desktop that I use in my skating rink. Using Windows XP on a HP 2.8ghz Pentium 4 with 1.5gb ram and 160 gb hard drive and on-board sound. It says: Realtek AC97 Audio.

What other info should I post?

Mensajes Sat 20 Sep 08 @ 2:24 pm
Sorry, I missed that info..that is what I was referring to...you might have a conflict of some sort...you say your running 5.07....I would suggest upgrading..we are currently up to version 5.2.1......try getting the latest software..

Mensajes Sat 20 Sep 08 @ 2:27 pm
I just thought it was up to date. I'm about to install it now.

Mensajes Sat 20 Sep 08 @ 2:35 pm
Well, I was all excited thinking that the update would fix the problem. I'm playing music for an 8 year old birthday party right now. So I did the update, opened VDJ and put on some limbo music. It played perfectly for 1 1/2 minutes. It has since skipped 3 times. Aaaaaarrrrgggghhh! Make that 4 times.

Mensajes Sat 20 Sep 08 @ 2:47 pm
Are you using a controller..like the RMX.it can do what you describe...if you are..run the RMX in WDM mode

Mensajes Sat 20 Sep 08 @ 3:03 pm
No controller. I use the automix function, but that's about it.

Mensajes Sat 20 Sep 08 @ 3:43 pm
I've tried different settings on the Config Settings>Performances tab. Is there a place to read about those settings or is it just trial and error?

Mensajes Sat 20 Sep 08 @ 4:09 pm
spinnaJPRO InfinityMember since 2004
In config,,in options choose max load -always.. n in the performance tab slide to fastest, set auto on latency n untick safe mode n tick overclock.

Before u change that, in info tab reset to factory setting.

Regards;)

Mensajes Sat 20 Sep 08 @ 4:16 pm
spinnaJ wrote :
In config,,in options choose max load -always.. n in the performance tab slide to fastest, set auto on latency n untick safe mode n tick overclock.

Before u change that, in info tab reset to factory setting.

Regards;)

Thanks spinnaj. Just reset and changed those settings. Now, back to the skating party.

Mensajes Sat 20 Sep 08 @ 4:47 pm
It seemed to work for a couple of minutes. Then it skipped a couple of times on the next song.

The computer shop said I might have to reformat the hard drive and reinstall everything. I hate to go through the hassle, especially since the same problem might crop up again.

I appreciate everyone's efforts in helping me solve this issue. Thanks again!

Mensajes Sat 20 Sep 08 @ 5:12 pm
hi..when you say the music skips does the program feeze for like a few seconds then carry where it left off in the tune?

Mensajes Sun 28 Sep 08 @ 4:38 am

(Los tópicos y foros antiguos son automáticamente cerrados)