Ingreso rápido:  

Forum: Old versions

Tema: 2 sound cards and RMX - Page: 2

Este tópico es antiguo y puede contener información incorrecta para la nueva versión.

Tear Em 'UpPRO InfinitySenior ModeratorMember since 2006
dead_devil_66 wrote :
i want to use the x-fi because i have a 5.1 system......

But...the 5.1 sound would come from a two channel source..so any benefit would be negated.....

Mensajes Wed 24 Sep 08 @ 6:52 pm
well...not quite exactly....when i use the onboard card for pre-listening and the X-Fi for the master output, i have sound in the 5 speakers :D

anyway, im sending the console back to the store....too basic for me. but i like the 4 inputs/4 outputs option. :D

thks for your time. :)

Mensajes Thu 25 Sep 08 @ 11:39 am
please forgive me if i am mistaken:

if i have a soundcard in the laptop in addition to the soundcard in the rmx,

i will not be able to use the rmx for my headphone cue and the laptop headphone out jack for some janky powered master speakers?

if not,

what is the best setup, or is it possible, to use the laptop as the speaker source rather than the rmx master outputs?

in addition,

is it possible to use the mic on the rmx at the same time two inputs are engaged?

and finally,

is it bulletproof?

Mensajes Sat 25 Oct 08 @ 7:10 pm
Hello dead_devil_66,

a) "Error in the sound driver of DirectX" message means that your DJ Console is set in ASIO mode while VirtualDJ wants it in WDM: you should set the audio mode of DJ Console Rmx in WDM (in DJ Console Rmx control panel) before running VirtualDJ.
I suppose you didn't contact Hercules tech support, since they would have answered it.

b) In case you look for tech support:
1) Hercules has a tech support forum on http://www.herculesdjmixroom.com/en-gb/forum/
2) you can also post emails to Hercules tech support on Hercules tech support website http://ts.hercules.com/eng/index.php?pg=email

c) If you want to play sound on the Sound Blaster (I have not understood why, since DJ Console Rmx audio quality is higher, but it is up to you), as VirtualDJ DJC 5 plays sound on the Rmx only, you can turn around this limit in connecting an audio cable (dual RCA to jack 1/8") from the Rmx output 1-2 to sound blaster line input.

Mensajes Mon 27 Oct 08 @ 12:24 pm
Hello Dead_Devil_66,

You may meet the "Error in the sound driver of DirectX" message if you wre not in Windows Vista Administrator mode when you have ran the installation.
If you are in this situation:
1) Download the last version of DJ Console Rmx drivers, on http://ts.hercules.com/fr/index.php?pg=view_files&gid=2&fid=28&pid=177&cid=1
2) And run the drivers installation in Administrator mode.

Mensajes Tue 28 Oct 08 @ 4:03 am
Hey dead_devil_66

I know this was a couple of months ago but was wondering if you had any luck????

I have exactly the same problem as you with the X-Fi 5.1.

The 2 sound card option worked fine with my MK2 but since upgrading to the RMX, this option is no more!!

Mensajes Mon 15 Dec 08 @ 4:11 pm
taylaPRO InfinityMember since 2007
you will need to get updates from hercules, then register your rmx with vdj and update to 5.2.1 should be good to go after that, any probs just re post...

Mensajes Mon 15 Dec 08 @ 7:34 pm
Hi Tayla

I have installed the VDJ that I got with my new RMX. The version it comes with is 5.07 and when I click the 'Check for updates' button it says that by version is already updated. How do I go about upgrading to 5.2.1?? Also I entered my serial number that I got with VDJ onto my profile, how do I know that this has been successful?

Mensajes Wed 17 Dec 08 @ 9:31 am
Hi,
I've been DJing for 4 years using PCDJ Blue, now I have an RMX system with VDJ. I would like to know why you are using the external sound card. RMX has two Stereo outputs or you can mix with the RMX and use the headphone amp. You mention 5.1 mixing, please explain what you mean? I would like to know. Are you using surround sound for the DJ event, or using a lot of movies with 5.1?

Kevin

Mensajes Tue 30 Dec 08 @ 11:05 pm

(Los tópicos y foros antiguos son automáticamente cerrados)