Ingreso rápido:  

Forum: Old versions

Tema: Upgrading RAM to 4GB

Este tópico es antiguo y puede contener información incorrecta para la nueva versión.

I have a MacBook Pro & I wanted to upgrade the RAM to 4GB. Can you recommend any good sites to buy the RAM or can I just walk into the apple store & buy?

Mensajes Wed 24 Sep 08 @ 12:25 pm
spinnaJPRO InfinityMember since 2004
You can walk into apple store n buy but to me it is a bit expensive. Try your local store.. I'm sure they have a good ones n much cheaper;)

Mensajes Wed 24 Sep 08 @ 12:34 pm
xonorPRO InfinityMember since 2005
I have upgrade to 4gb with kingston memory and works fine.

This one "SODIMM KINGSTON 2GB DDR2 667MHZ PC2-5400 KVR667D2S5/2G".
I have paid around 38US$ (26€) here in Spain, because i buy in a dealer.
I think that the normal price it's around 45US$.

I have found it in eBay HERE

Good luck.

Mensajes Wed 24 Sep 08 @ 1:22 pm
www.newegg.com

Mensajes Wed 24 Sep 08 @ 2:47 pm
Memory ten dot com

fast shiping

Mensajes Thu 25 Sep 08 @ 1:54 pm
Newegg had a good price, the local circuit city had them & I have a buddy who works there so I got like $20 off the $99. I just installed them & I notcied a huge diffwerence. I was getting them cause I started using VMware fusion with vista & I noted that the Vista virtual machine was running kinda slow. Now it's perfect. i'm using it to ran acid cause I love it & it doesn't exist on Mac. Bootcamp is good but I hate re-booting.

Mensajes Thu 25 Sep 08 @ 6:22 pm
Has anyone here started with 2G and upgraded to 4G? If so do you find the performance to be vastly improved or just a little bit? What kind of differences did you notice?

Mensajes Fri 26 Sep 08 @ 4:36 pm
I like memory form crucial (crucial.com). I've always bought my memory from there and haven't had any problems mixing it with apple's stock memory. Fast shipping and good customer support.

Mensajes Sat 27 Sep 08 @ 2:14 pm

(Los tópicos y foros antiguos son automáticamente cerrados)