Ingreso rápido:  

Forum: Music discussion

Tema: How do YOU build a set?

Este tópico es antiguo y puede contener información incorrecta para la nueva versión.

BarglerPRO InfinityMember since 2004
I was curious, as to how everyone builds their sets. The method behind it, that is. For the sake of argument, let's say you were creating a brand new set with no songs from your main set.

Me? I tend to go through my collection and pull songs that fit the mood I'm going for. This leaves me with way too many songs, and I slim down the list from there in a kind of haphazard fashion. It works for me, but it is hardly what I would call efficient.

Does anyone else pick their first song, for instance, and then methodically go through until they find song 2. Then 3...then 4, etc? Maybe others pick 2 or 3 songs that MUST be in the set and then build the rest of the tracks around them?

I'm just curious as to how our minds all work, really. =)

Mensajes Sat 29 Jan 05 @ 7:56 pm
Before 12 io play for the crowd....whatever they like after 12 i play what i like and what does not play on the radio.i have no predetermined sets.Working in a bar you cannot repeat mixes
too often
Andre

Mensajes Sat 29 Jan 05 @ 11:25 pm
droeliHome userMember since 2005
JUST PLAY WHAT YOU LIKE
make a list of songs you want to play, decide for your first song(that has a good start with vocals or mood) and search for a good record to mix it with.
From then on you just prelisten what song mixes good with another without looking at the type.
so trance can follow another trance record if it's the best for your mix.
Having a way of working like i first play some R'b and than some house is not the way to do it because you get in a routine so that people who have heared you can already say after this bit he'll play some ...
You have to surprise the people.
tha't my way of spinning
the gathering of good music is good for 90% of the work and it's a question of having a good ear and good taste.
you'll get better with mixing if you play a lot it's not a question of talent but practice.
for me a dj is someone who lets other people get to know good music,unknown en known but never pop.
When you play pop you're a freaking radio and your good for commercial schoolparties and marriages(except when it's a dj's marriage)

Let me know if you got something from this

droeli

Mensajes Mon 11 Apr 05 @ 3:44 pm

(Los tópicos y foros antiguos son automáticamente cerrados)