Ingreso rápido:  

Forum: Old versions

Tema: Timecoded vinyl stop interact with music - Page: 1

Esta parte del tópico es antigua y puede contener información incorrecta para la nueva versión.

kbotnenPRO InfinityMember since 2005
Hi.

I just testdriving the trial version with my decks and timecoded vinyl.

My problem is that it works for a couple of minutes, like 10-15. Music and timecode interacts. But after a while the music doesnt respond to the timecode anymore. The graphic on the decks in the GUI does though so the signal is coming through. What can cause this problem? Its a pain to loose connection with the timecodes. Is there any config/buttons in the GUI that disables this connection between Timecoded and the Songs on the GUI decks?

PS! Im not quite sure if this was the right thread, please move to correct if thats the case :)

-K-

Mensajes Sat 25 Oct 08 @ 5:35 pm
FaultPRO InfinityMember since 2007
Please list your setup. Remember if you get the full version, you will get full technical support, instead of with the "trial" version.... ;p

Mensajes Sat 25 Oct 08 @ 6:07 pm
kbotnen wrote :
Hi.

I just testdriving the trial version with my decks and timecoded vinyl.

My problem is that it works for a couple of minutes, like 10-15. Music and timecode interacts. But after a while the music doesnt respond to the timecode anymore. The graphic on the decks in the GUI does though so the signal is coming through. What can cause this problem? Its a pain to loose connection with the timecodes. Is there any config/buttons in the GUI that disables this connection between Timecoded and the Songs on the GUI decks?

PS! Im not quite sure if this was the right thread, please move to correct if thats the case :)

-K-

Hi kbotnen!

That you loose timecode control after a couple of minutes is a limitation of the trial version you are currently using.

Best regards
Marcel

Mensajes Sun 26 Oct 08 @ 10:14 am
erxonPRO InfinityMember since 2003
I think in trial version timecode works only for that long, it's a demo limitation.
Search the forum for more info, it's been discussed.

Mensajes Sun 26 Oct 08 @ 2:24 pm

Not true, I have Pro version and still have the same problem. I even try using different versions of Virtualdj 3.4, 4.3, 5.0, 5.1, and the latest. Still the same Sh**. I decided to use virtualdj with the DAC3 controller which works super great. So for sweet 15's and weddings I'll use virtualdj with DAC3 and for the big gigs, party's and stuff like that I'll use Torq 1.0.7 with Torq Time Code Vinyls; which works super great.

It’s a shame, I really wanted virtualdj to be my main program. I really love the program and all the features it has, loops, effect, etc, no other program can compete with that; but in the long run I'm not willing to put my SL1200's away, people still like seen the vinyl spinning, plus for beat juggling, scratching and cutting is a must.

For now I'll keep using Torq and I will still be hoping that Atomix production can fix this issue and I can make virtualdj my main and only program.

Mensajes Mon 27 Oct 08 @ 7:41 am
Hi.

Sorry for late response. Being offline for the weekend.

My setup goes like this:

- 2 Stanton T120 decks (set to not use the built in RIAA)
- 1 3ch Stanton mixer.
- 1 Maya 44 USB
- 1 Laptop with 1024 Ram, and the latest VirtualDJ trial downloaded from this site

I have plugged all the bits and pieces correct (I assume since it works correct for a few minutes).
- Left deck input to maya at 1&2 out at 1&2
- Right deck input to maya at 3&4 out at 3&4

I did have the red & whites mixed up in the beginning, but thats fixed. I use the autoconfig for the timecode setup and it reports 100% good. Do you guys need the actual settings for the timecode config too?

If its a demo limitation I can understand my issue. But if not Im not sure as it does work flawlessy for some time. Can someone from the VDJ team confirm that this is a demo limitation (the demo instruction state 'no limitations'). If its not a known demo limitation I want to resolve the issue before even thinking about purchase a license. This is what demo versions are for? right? :)

-K-

Mensajes Mon 27 Oct 08 @ 10:01 am
@ Chachi:

Obviously other users are able to use timecode for more than 15 minutes,
otherwise this product wouldn't be selling anymore. If you are having issues
with TC ask for help on technical/hardware boards or post a support ticket
(if you haven't already).

@ kbotnen:

In this topic a user is stating that the trial has 5-10 min limit on timecode,
so I'm guessing that is your current issue. It's a shame this info is not clearly
written on the site. Hope you'll get a solid answer from a teamer soon.

Mensajes Mon 27 Oct 08 @ 11:08 am
erxon

Virtualdj time code vinyls works great if you are just goint to mix, mix, mix and mix. Try back spinning a couple of time, lets say 20 times In a row, and thats nothing compare to when you are practicing or trying to do a new trick. If you are going to do some heavy back spinning, vdj is not the product. Very dissapointing, I would really like Vdj to be my main program.

Still I search the forum in a day basis and still find alot of users with the same problem. So please don't give me some dumm crap about it, like people use it for more than 15 minutes, of course tree mixes of 5 minutes each song. If you are just going to mix, well great, vdj is the product. I'm very frustrated with vdj tcv, they seem to be bad. Not to mention that I paid $54.00 for Tcv including shipping and some idiot jerk did some stupid packaging and I ended up with bended TCV, (great for scratching and back spinning haaa!!) if you live in the other side of the world, wouldnt it be logical to think that vinyl records can bend in travel? Now in the other hand, back to the issue, like a mention before, using the DAC3 controller, vdj works wonderfull, and if I were to be only one of those MIDI controller Djs I wouldnt change Vdj for nothing. But like a mention before, I DONT WANT TO PUT AWAY MY SL1200.

Laptop HP ze2000
1.7 Ghz Semprom
512 RAM share
30 GB hard drive
ATI video
Windows XP SP2
No Software Just Windows XP Vdj and Torq
Wireless disable
Modem Disable
No Antivirus
No internet at all, dedicated for Dj
All tweeks from Forum, Same problem before and after tweeks

Desktop (Matsonic)
2.4 Ghz Pentium 4
1GB RAM not Share
200 GB hard drive
Windows XP SP3
Lots and lots of program and utilities
Antivirus, and spyware
Internet
No tweeks

Set up
2 SL1200
Stanton 500AL / Needles
Mixer Gemini MM 1000 / Stanton Sa.3 / Rane TTM 56 (From A friend)
M-Audio Conectiv with latest driver from M-Audio support portal

When using Vdj, I use Vdj TCV (when trying to make it work)
When using Torq, I use Torq TCV

Have No problem with this set up using Torq 1.0.7

Edwin Ojeda
DjChachi
A+,Net+, MCDST, MOS2003
ASE M1,M2, A1
Puerto Rico

Mensajes Mon 27 Oct 08 @ 11:23 pm
Dj Chachi wrote :
erxon

Virtualdj time code vinyls works great if you are just goint to mix, mix, mix and mix. Try back spinning a couple of time, lets say 20 times In a row, and thats nothing compare to when you are practicing or trying to do a new trick. If you are going to do some heavy back spinning, vdj is not the product. Very dissapointing, I would really like Vdj to be my main program.

Still I search the forum in a day basis and still find alot of users with the same problem. So please don't give me some dumm crap about it, like people use it for more than 15 minutes, (...)

Just to clarify my previous reply: you did say you had the same problem,
meaning no timecode control at all after 10-15minutes. That's where
the 'some dumm crap' came from. Some people just don't do 20 backspins
in a row and might be perfectly happy with software perfomance, if the
demo limitation was the only issue.

As far as I read the boards and from personal experience I agree that software
has lots of issues with different hardware, but they aren't solely software bugs.
Some tweaking has to be done to achieve best results on one's system,
especially when lots (too many?) of options are available to change. True
plug and play can only be achieved on closed-box systems that have been tested
on exact same specs.

I hope you'll be able to overcome the problems with help of experienced users
or teamers, or find a product that suits you best. I never used timecode with
VDj so cannot further dabate and argue on the points you have made.

Regards.

Mensajes Tue 28 Oct 08 @ 2:50 am
erxon

You know what? I apologize to you. I'm taking my frustration and loading it at you, and maybe you are the nicest guy in the forum, shame on me. Once again I apologize to you.

erxon,

what I meant was that when you are practicing beat juggling and new tricks, you may back spin the records lots and lots of time, especially practicing. I try different configurations and it really improves somewhat, but not at the point to compete with Torqs TCV. I may back spin the VDJ TCV one revolution and it works fine, but more than that or if I go to fast in the back spin the music (graphical representation) shift or skips, but if I scratch no matter how fast I scratch, VDJ will keep with the TCV, no complaint about that, you can really do heavy scratching, the problem is the back spinning.

About the time code quality, it really drops, especially when doing consecutive back spinning. I gave a thought about what you said before "other people are using it for more than 15 minutes" So I went back to square one. I uninstalled the program, restarted and did a fresh install of VDJ 5.2.1 on my laptop. Because It was late at night and I was tire after work I only used one TCV with only one turntable configuration. I got to admit it got a little better, but at the long run I still have much of the same problem.

I'm going to keep trying and trying, will double my efforts. VDJ is a dam good program and I'm not about to quit just that easy. Like a said before, I really love the program and all its functionality.

@ erxon, once again, I apologize to you.

Edwin E Ojeda
DjChachi
Puerto Rico

Mensajes Tue 28 Oct 08 @ 9:46 am
Hey Chaci,

no need to apologize man, anyone gets frustrated when the product they
paid for isn't fulfilling one's expectations. And I'm far from the nicest person,
so no hard feelings there.

As I said, I cannot offer much insight in timecode, but a fresh install and
thorough configuration of timecode settings should help a bit. Sometimes
previous versions leave some code behind that gets in the way, I experienced
once on an older update, had issues until I fully reinstalled. Don't try too hard
on config only, if you have a possibility, try it with different cartridges, another
pair of TC Vinly (a spare is a must anyway), different weights on the needle.
Maybe if you increase the pressure slightly the signal will be easier to read for
the program - experiment.

Mensajes Tue 28 Oct 08 @ 12:31 pm

i have the same problem....i have two cdj1000 mk3...wit a ddm 4000 berignher and im using serato time codes and box...but virtual dj software.....after like 15 mins it stop responding? any help suggestions? i have the full version...it works perfectly for 15 mins then poof...the mk3 stop responding to the virtual program

Mensajes Tue 28 Oct 08 @ 5:50 pm
Very strange. Have you first had a demo/cracked version on your pc, and after that installed the full PRO version? It might have something to do with that too. Best do a clean fresh install. (Remove VDJ - Clean Registry - Reinstall VDJ)

Try to disable timecode and then re-enable it again. I've only had this happen once during a show, and it got fixed just by disabling & re-enabling the timecode (which can be done easily with one click on FORMAT's Mix Station).

And indeed, the trial version has a timecode limitation.

Mensajes Wed 29 Oct 08 @ 7:37 am

Can any VDJ team member confirm this? As it clearly states that the trial version comes with no limitations.

Yesterday I tested a bit more. It worked at least close to 30minutes (I had to rush for work), but the sound quality crapped out after 20-25 minutes. This can ofcourse be due to dust on the vinyl, but I couldnt see anything.

For my case its a clean windows install (reformated), 32bit, maye 44drivers, a web browser and VDJ. So no prevoius demo / cracked version in my case.

I also have to mention (clear out) that when I loose the timecode signal the graphic on the VDJ screen still respond to the vinyl. So its still coming through, onyle the music that doesnt respond. So I have to hit play/pause buttons on the interface, or mov the graphics of the deck instead of the actual physical timecodevinyls.

What I think is strange is that you guys with pro version suddenly have this problems. Did you not trialtest the software before you buy? Or might the cause of your problems be to external reasons like new hardware, new software, driver updates etc?

Mensajes Wed 29 Oct 08 @ 9:10 am
VanStino wrote :
Very strange. Have you first had a demo/cracked version on your pc, and after that installed the full PRO version? It might have something to do with that too. Best do a clean fresh install. (Remove VDJ - Clean Registry - Reinstall VDJ)

Try to disable timecode and then re-enable it again. I've only had this happen once during a show, and it got fixed just by disabling & re-enabling the timecode (which can be done easily with one click on FORMAT's Mix Station).

yes i have had the cracked verison i unistalld it and everything....how do u clean the registry i can try that?......and how abouts do i do that time code thing that you suggest please help thanks!

Mensajes Wed 29 Oct 08 @ 9:20 am
No Crack Version on my PC either.

Mensajes Wed 29 Oct 08 @ 2:57 pm
javedkPRO InfinityMember since 2005
I now have Virtual DJ PRO, Numark Cue and Serato Scratch Live. My music would stop working after 10 to 15 minutes but when I had the problem in Numark Cue I went into Timecode Config and clicked on Auto config and then it started to work again. So when it stops, go into your config and timecode config and click on auto config that should solve you problem.

DJ KAZI

Mensajes Thu 30 Oct 08 @ 10:44 am
Its is true OLDER versions of vdj used to have a limitation on Timecode use .;however the newer trials does say unlimited for 20 days.

to edit registry:go to run type regedit and do a search for vdj(there used to be a tool for this ..dont know if its only for registered users or not though.

good luck

@ Dj Chachi :
did you try using torc vinyl with vdj??it should work saw a guy on youtube demonstrate this with the torc soundcard as well..he even switched btwn vdj vinyl and torc vinyl

Mensajes Fri 31 Oct 08 @ 9:12 am
golenboy14 wrote :
yes i have had the cracked verison i unistalld it and everything....how do u clean the registry i can try that?......and how abouts do i do that time code thing that you suggest please help thanks!

You can make a keyboard shortcut for "Timecode_active". When you lose control, try to use that. On first push you disable timecode, second push re-enables it again. Usually you can regain control like that.

Mensajes Fri 31 Oct 08 @ 10:24 am
dj t boogie wrote :
Its is true OLDER versions of vdj used to have a limitation on Timecode use .;however the newer trials does say unlimited for 20 days.

to edit registry:go to run type regedit and do a search for vdj(there used to be a tool for this ..dont know if its only for registered users or not though.

good luck

@ Dj Chachi :
did you try using torc vinyl with vdj??it should work saw a guy on youtube demonstrate this with the torc soundcard as well..he even switched btwn vdj vinyl and torc vinyl

@ dj t boogie

When I bought Torq system, I didn't have Vdj's TCV, so I did try using virtualdj with Torq TCV. I don't remember exactly what option I had to use "invert stereo" or "invert phase" but I remember that I had to chose one of these options or the music would play backwards. I did make it work, but sound was terrible and from time to time I had some very nasty "clicks sounds". Also music ran faster than normal, so I had to lower virtualdj's pitch all the way to make it sound normal, still had some strange noices from time to time. It was then that I thougth if I buy virtualdj TCV, this program will work just like Torq. Surprise to me, first I got bended Virtualdj TCV, pay $54.00 and some idiot didnt check that I live on the other side of the world "Puerto Rico" (TCV was shipped from UK) and did a very poor packaging. So when I got the virtualdj TCV I started trying to do the same things I do with Torq, beatjuggling, back spinning etc, etc, but I always get that shift, music jumps, it doesn’t keep up with the TCV, you can do very heavy scratching with vdj TCV, no problem with that, but you can not pull the record back to fast or to hard, it just skips, drifts.

Now I did some test that I saw on youtube, http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2riqVkZCREw with both programs, especially the one on the video; the torq power down. I notice that when you power down virtualdj with there respective TCV, a fraction of a second before the record "TCV" stops virtualdj looses TCV signal, with Torq this doesn’t happen.

My conclusion at the moment is that virtuadj and there Vinyl system are very good for mixing and doing some scratching, but for beatjuggling, you know, doing repetitions of the same part of the song or doing beats or music with two records, like you see on DMC battle dj championships, virtualdj is no good, that field is for Torq or Serato, at the moment.

I would really like this problem to be fixed, since I find that virtualdj is a more complete program; skins, plug ins, effects, etc, etc, I really like the program. But is not applicable for what I’m doing. So for now, I will use virtualdj for weddings and sweet 15's, where I don't do turntable tricks.

Now using virtualdj with DAC3 is another story, It really works like you expected to work.

I hope this helps clarify some ones dubt about the issue. By the way I'm not saying that virtualdj TCV doesn't work, they do work, but is not as stable as you think it is "if we are talking about TCV"

I still use the program cause I really like it, but I use it for just mixing and some scratching.

PD: Also on virtualdj the pitch is always moving, they dont stay still, I try playing with "Pitch Sensetivity" from very low to very high, same thing all the time.

Mensajes Fri 31 Oct 08 @ 8:36 pm
59%