Ingreso rápido:  

Forum: Old versions

Tema: DAC3 Poll

Este tópico es antiguo y puede contener información incorrecta para la nueva versión.

How many satisfied users out there?

How many people out there using it with Vista?

How easy is it to install? Support? Ease of use? Layout? Functionality?

Let me know what you like and dislike about it?

Pros and Cons:

Mensajes Sun 09 Nov 08 @ 10:03 pm
The DAC-3 had been around for some time now and there are now much more advanced rackmount controllers available, such as the Numark DMC-2 and Denon HC4500.

The advantages of the Denon HC4500 and Numark DMC-2 over the DAC-3 are:

• Text displays, so you can see the name of the song loaded, file/folder names when browsing, effect/sample names, etc. In the case of the HC4500, these are VFD rather than LCD displays which are very easy to see and read in the dark. The DAC-3 LCD displays only show time remaining or elapsed and BPM or pitch % along with a few status indicators.

• Parameter knob, making file/folder browsing, selecting effects, etc. much easier (DAC-3 has up/down buttons.)

• Both Denon HC4500 and DMC-2 have greater pitch precision than the DAC-3, which is important for manual beat matching.

• HC4500 has touch-sensitive jogwheels.

• HC4500 has a built-in ASIO sound card.

• HC4500 can be used with compatible Denon X500 or X900 mixer for video crossfading using the mixer's crossfader.

• HC4500 can control an optional dual-CD drawer unit, which makes an ideal backup.

• Mains powered, so no USB power issues if you don't have enough powered ports available.

The advantages that the DAC-3 has over HC4500 and DMC-2 are:

• USB bus powered, so no mains adaptor is required. However, this is a disadvantage if you don't have enough powered USB ports free.

• Cheaper than HC4500, but similar in price to Numark DMC-2.

Problems with/disadvantages of the DAC-3 are (Not all users experience these problems):

• Buttons are prone to failing (Can be fixed using contact cleaning spray if you are willing to take the controller apart.)

• USB connector can fail with repeat plugging and unplugging (Can be repaired by re-soldering.)

• Layout of the DAC-3 is designed with PCDJ FX in mind (Numark DMC-2 is designed with VirtualDJ/Cue/VirtualVinyl in mind and Denon HC4500 has a generic layout that suits any DJ software.)

Mensajes Mon 10 Nov 08 @ 12:43 pm

Mensajes Mon 10 Nov 08 @ 6:05 pm
Aloha jpboggis

Is Denon HC-4500 Time Code capable?

Mahalo
Suga

Mensajes Sat 15 Nov 08 @ 4:29 pm
No, it's not compatible with timecodes - Its a MIDI controller and its soundcard has outputs only - You need inputs (4 in, 4 out) for timecode use.

However, if you wanted to use the HC4500 alongside timecodes (E.g: Use vinyl record decks and the HC4500 for controlling effects, etc.), you could simply use another suitable sound card with it, such as Native Instruments Audio 8 instead of its built-in sound card.

Mensajes Sun 16 Nov 08 @ 1:27 pm
Thank YOU...

Aloha,
Suga

Mensajes Mon 17 Nov 08 @ 2:44 am
I Think the DMC 2 would be a better buy for you. The price has dropped alot too. Its 199 regular and all the buttons match virtual dj's skin.

I have a Denon Hc4500 and its really nice. It looks and feels top notch. Its durable.. I owned a Dac 3 and i sold it because i wasnt saitisfied.
I didnt like the feel of it. It felt cheap..

Mensajes Tue 18 Nov 08 @ 1:08 am
djryanlHome userMember since 2008
Hey guys,

I'm new to both VDJ, as well as just picking up the HC 4500. I'm coming from using PCDJ FX and just retired my DAC 3. I figured if I was going to learn a new software, I might as well do hardware too!! haha.

Anyways, so far so good in my short tests thus far. Here are my questions:

1- I own a MacBook Pro and was using bootcamp to run PCDJ FX. How is VDJ for Mac...so far my tests are on my windows PC but I would like to start using only OS X and no longer bootcamp. Any issues with the HC 4500 in Mac?

2- I haven't yet noticed how to activate and use the built in effects via the HC 4500. I see that you can select an effect using the effect buttons on the controller, but how do you activate them?

3- Is there any midi mapping you can change in VDJ?

4- I don't seem to be able to use the playlist function. I can't right click, create new??? Am I missing something.

I'm sure many of these questions could be answered with more searching etc, but I have a gig this week and would like to familiarize myself as quick as possible.

Thanks in advance!!

Ryan

Mensajes Sun 07 Dec 08 @ 11:51 pm
djryanlHome userMember since 2008
No advice????

Mensajes Mon 08 Dec 08 @ 8:06 pm
djryanl wrote :
1- I own a MacBook Pro and was using bootcamp to run PCDJ FX. How is VDJ for Mac...so far my tests are on my windows PC but I would like to start using only OS X and no longer bootcamp. Any issues with the HC 4500 in Mac?

I do not own a Mac, so I can't comment directly, but I do know a number of users are using the HC4500 successfully with a Mac.

djryanl wrote :
2- I haven't yet noticed how to activate and use the built in effects via the HC 4500. I see that you can select an effect using the effect buttons on the controller, but how do you activate them?

You simply press the 1, 2 or 3 effect buttons at the top of the controller to trigger effects, but with native support this is quite limited: You can only trigger 3, and you can't change them as far as I'm aware (Although clever naming of your effect filenames might allow this.)

There is a custom mapper available to licensed Pro users that allows more flexibility including the ability to assign effects of your choice and dedicated modes for effects, video effects, samples, etc. The mapper is only currently available for Windows PC's, but a Mac compatible version is currently being developed/tested.

djryanl wrote :
3- Is there any midi mapping you can change in VDJ?

There are currently no ready made general MIDI maps. You would need to map the controller yourself to do this. Unlike native support and custom mapper plugins, general MIDI does not allow the the button LED's and the text displays to function.

There are two custom mapper plugins available:

* My custom mapper for VirtualDJ: http://www.virtualdj.com/addons/4558/Denon_DN-HC_4500_Custom_Mapper.html - This has a wide variety of parameters that you can customise to suit your preferences (E.g: Jogwheel sensitivity, etc.)

* A custom mapper by PhantomDJ for PCDJ VJ.

djryanl wrote :
4- I don't seem to be able to use the playlist function. I can't right click, create new??? Am I missing something.

It's not possible to access this via the native HC4500 mappings.

My custom mapper does allow songs to be added to the playlist as well as browsing those already loaded into it. You can also stop/start automix directly from the controller and forcefully mix in the next song while automix is active.

Mensajes Tue 09 Dec 08 @ 7:20 pm

(Los tópicos y foros antiguos son automáticamente cerrados)