Ingreso rápido:  

Forum: Old versions

Tema: Help please ROOKIE question

Este tópico es antiguo y puede contener información incorrecta para la nueva versión.

Mensajes Sat 15 Nov 08 @ 3:45 pm
I would be happy to help, but first off, are you using turntables or CD players?

Mensajes Sat 15 Nov 08 @ 5:17 pm
Denon S1000's cd players

Mensajes Sun 16 Nov 08 @ 12:43 am
OK, so start off by hooking your left CDJ into "phono 1 / line 1" of your VV soundcard and hook your right CDJ into "phono 2 / line 3" of your soundcard (make sure the little "ln/ph" switches for both channels on the back of your mixer are set to "ln"). Then connect "out 1" from your soundcard into "phono 1 / line 1" of your mixer, and connect "out 2" from your soundcard into "phono 2 / line 3" of your mixer. Ensure that on the top of your mixer the line input switch on channel one is set to "line 1" and channel two is set to "line 3". Last thing is to connect the soundcard to the computer via a USB cable and you're done (and make sure your timecode CD's are in your CDJs of course).

I recommend using the soundcard's power adapter rather than relying on the computer to supply power via USB. Also, make sure the soundcard is connected BEFORE powering up your computer.

Go to Virtual Vinyl's "config" menu and click on "Sound Setup". Set "Inputs" to "TIMECODES", "Outputs" to "EXTERNAL MIXER" and set "Sound card(s)" to "VIRTUAL VINYL". Set "Input Channels" to "Chan 1&2 : Left Deck / Chan 3&4 : Right Deck" and "Output Channels" to "Left Deck : Chan 1&2 / Right Deck : Chan 3&4".

If you've done everything correctly you should be able to control Virtual Vinyl using your CDJ's.

If you want to be able to play regular CD's you need to do the following. Connect "Pass 1" from your VV soundcard to "Line 2" of your mixer. Connect "Pass 2" from your soundcard to "Line 4" of your mixer. When you want to play regular CD's make sure the line select switch on the top of your mixer is set to "line 2" on channel one, and "line 4" on channel two. A little tip though, you can actually eliminate having to hook up the "Pass" outputs to your mixer because there is a keyboard shortcut within VV called "timecode bypass" which allows you to hear regular audio through VV.

This might all seem complicated at first but after you get used to hooking it up a few times it'll all make sense. It's pretty basic logic when you think about it... CDJ into sound card, audio from sound card out to mixer.

By the way, this is all covered in the VV manual but hopefully this explanation got you up and running. Please let me know if it worked because I've often taken the time to help out others on this forum and then I hear nothing back.

Mensajes Sun 16 Nov 08 @ 9:19 am
spinnaJPRO InfinityMember since 2004
Hi lxinaftlxl, do register ur serial of the vv n updates to the recent version. V5.2.1 mac;)

Thanks n regards.

Mensajes Sun 16 Nov 08 @ 10:42 am

(Los tópicos y foros antiguos son automáticamente cerrados)