Ingreso rápido:  

Forum: Old versions

Tema: Timecode vinyl and software problems

Este tópico es antiguo y puede contener información incorrecta para la nueva versión.

yeleverHome userMember since 2007
Bought a Hercules MK2 with the intension of using timecoded vinyl. The Hercules came with Virtual DJ. When buying it I asked the sells staff if anything else was needed to get up and running using turtables which he replied all I needed was the vinyl and turntables as the console and software was all I needed. Recently I purchased timecoded vinyl and started to use only to find the version of Virtual DJ only allows 15 minutes of use and tells me to upgrade to the pro version. Also within that 15 minutes the sound will stop for about a second on one deck which ever it decideds then speeds up for a second and throws the mix totally out of sync. I contacted the store where the console was bought and was told to contact Hercules. Hercules have said both problems are a software issue and to contact Virtual DJ on the matter. After a few tickets I have had no responce and left with a product that is un-usable after spending 300 dollars on it only to find I have to pay out more money to get it half way working.

Mensajes Sun 16 Nov 08 @ 4:53 pm
DJ-ALFPRO InfinityModeratorMember since 2005
That is true, with MK2 you got Home version which have some limitations like timecode and video use and you can use only mk2 as a sound card. You can ask for refund if you are not satisfied with the console.
Other option is to upgrade to Pro and you have a discount since you have Home version.

Mensajes Sun 16 Nov 08 @ 5:47 pm
Tried to get a refund and was told because the software and hardware isn`t faulty then I would have to take it up with Virtual DJ. It`s annoying when sells staff tell you that the software will work when infact it doesn`t just to make a sell.

Mensajes Sun 16 Nov 08 @ 6:48 pm
You can upgrade to the Full Pro version here on the site at a discount as you already have the LE version.

Mensajes Sun 16 Nov 08 @ 8:06 pm
So basically pay out more money. Just checked the price. It will be cheaper to get the Torq Connectiv. Sorry guys but after paying 300 dollars I`m not prepared to spend more money on something that I was led to believe would do the job I required in the first place. Uninstalled Virtual DJ and ordered the Torq system and Hercules plus software has gone on ebay since no one is prepared to offer a refund or better solution.

Mensajes Mon 17 Nov 08 @ 2:48 am
I've purchased M-audio Torq Connectiv thinking that the soundcard and vinyl would automatically work without a hitch. Whenever I play music it either plays in reverse or it plays very fast. Can anyone steer me in the right direction so that I can get to mixin'?

Mensajes Sun 07 Dec 08 @ 10:06 am
DJ-ALFPRO InfinityModeratorMember since 2005
yelever wrote :
So basically pay out more money. Just checked the price. It will be cheaper to get the Torq Connectiv. Sorry guys but after paying 300 dollars I`m not prepared to spend more money on something that I was led to believe would do the job I required in the first place. Uninstalled Virtual DJ and ordered the Torq system and Hercules plus software has gone on ebay since no one is prepared to offer a refund or better solution.

You should payed attention to small print before purchasing Hercules console, it is clearly stated that inside is Home or Limited edition bundled that has some limitations and it is not Pro edition. There is no midi controller on the market that is "giving" away full software (at least I didn't heard of it).
So, blaming Atomix Productions for your problem is not correct.

Mensajes Sun 07 Dec 08 @ 10:30 am
spinnaJPRO InfinityMember since 2004
In other words, U are buying the hardware and not the software. The djc edition is a free gift to u to get started with the console but there is a discount as stated earlier for u to purchase the pro edition.

Regards;)

Mensajes Sun 07 Dec 08 @ 2:34 pm
I've purchased M-audio Torq Connectiv thinking that the soundcard and vinyl would automatically work without a hitch. Whenever I play music it either plays in reverse or it plays very fast. Can anyone steer me in the right direction so that I can get to mixin'?

erm yeah... try pressin 33 on your rpm buttons if ur using turntables..

and to stop it playn in reverse go to the time coded vinyl configure options all untick the box that says invert. these options can be found on sound setup in the virtual dj config settings

Mensajes Sun 07 Dec 08 @ 4:13 pm
Reply to DJ ALF in which he stated this

"You should payed attention to small print before purchasing Hercules console, it is clearly stated that inside is Home or Limited edition bundled that has some limitations and it is not Pro edition. There is no midi controller on the market that is "giving" away full software (at least I didn't heard of it).
So, blaming Atomix Productions for your problem is not correct."

When it was purchased there was not a thing on the box stating home or limited edition and for reading the small print in which I did before purchasing it indicated full timecode support and if I still had it I would scan the box to prove it so blaming me DJ ALF is not correct. As for blaming Atomic, I`m blaming Atomic for the poor quailty of their customer services or lack of. I`m also blaming Hercules and the store that it was bought from. So flaming me in a forum doesn`t change the fact that Hercules, Atomic and the store got money out of me on false information. DJ Alf, do not assume that everyone is stupid enough not to read the small print. And as for the comment and giving away full software the Berhginer 2000 comes with it`s own FULL software so maybe you should pay attention to small print.

Mensajes Sun 11 Jan 09 @ 2:44 pm

(Los tópicos y foros antiguos son automáticamente cerrados)