Ingreso rápido:  

Forum: Old versions

Tema: Screen resolution and SKINS - Page: 1

Esta parte del tópico es antigua y puede contener información incorrecta para la nueva versión.

I have been using the SKIN "SWEET SCRATCH" on my XP laptop with no issues. I think there was a setting somewhere to automatically fit the skin to the screen resolution and I never got the error about the skin being higher resolution then the display. Well, I just bought a new Windows 8.1 laptop and still want to use this skin. The computer is higher resolution then the skin. When I start VDJ, it tells me that the skin is higher resolution then the screen resolution (which it is not). I press OK and the program opens and the skin is fine and I can use it. How do I fix this so I do not see this error message? I tried using the SKIN resizer and even with the skin resizer it still gives me the error (and it messed up the skin so I cannot use it).

How do I fix this?

Mensajes Thu 24 Apr 14 @ 8:37 am
blckjckPRO InfinityMember since 2008
What resolution is your laptop?

Mensajes Thu 24 Apr 14 @ 3:56 pm
1366x768 and the skin is less resolution.its sweet scratch v4 the 4 deck version with selectable time code.

Mensajes Thu 24 Apr 14 @ 7:24 pm
The sweet scratch resolution is 1280x800 wich is taller then your screen. That's why you getting the error.
I would try the resize again. Change the 800 to 768 first. Then change the 1280 to 1366 by just adding to the browser area.

I won't have time until next week to do it.

Mensajes Thu 24 Apr 14 @ 8:29 pm
When I did a resize, without doing 2 resized like yin mentioned, it messed up the record that spins and shows the remaining length as a circle . Will 2 resizes like you mentioned mess anything up? Will it blur the text?

Mensajes Thu 24 Apr 14 @ 8:41 pm
1366x768 and the skin is less resolution.its sweet scratch v4 the 4 deck version with selectable time code.

Can you give me instructions as to what options I select in resizer for each resize?

Mensajes Thu 24 Apr 14 @ 8:43 pm
Sweet Scratch is 800 pixels tall, that is more then your available 768 pixels high.
I just reread what I said, I miss-spoke. You need to do the width first. It will distort the image because it is stretching them not shrinking. It may not be that noticeable with that small of a change. The second part, 800 to 768 browser resize just makes the song browsing area a little smaller.
Text sizes should be fine because it is a font, not a graphic.

Mensajes Thu 24 Apr 14 @ 9:04 pm

Mensajes Thu 24 Apr 14 @ 9:06 pm
I tried what you said about resizing, but it doesn't work. changing it to 800x768 squishes the 4 turnrables. then you cannot resize the browser as it says you need to have the same input width. it also messed up the circle around the moving turntable platter that shows how much track was played. how can I fix this skin to work? can someone take a look at this skin before it is resized and then resize it to work on my resolution without messing up anything?

Thanks...

Mensajes Thu 24 Apr 14 @ 9:31 pm
I noticed I that when I press ok on this screen skin resolution error, it seems to resize the skin automatically and it works fine. Is I there anyway just to stop this message from happening since I cannot get it to resize without messing up features of the skin?

Mensajes Thu 24 Apr 14 @ 10:04 pm
The issue with it resizing the skin to fit is there is usually a performance hit. I will try to take a look at it next week.
You could also try contacting the skin developer and see if they could do it.

Mensajes Thu 24 Apr 14 @ 10:07 pm
I just contacted the developer through this web site as it's the only way I could find. I appreciate you looking at it. I think my old laptop was stretching automatically and I never saw an issue. I'll wait to hear from the author or you if you get a chance to look at resizing. Please remember to look at the skin prior to resizing as when I resize it messes up features ...

Thanks again...

Mensajes Thu 24 Apr 14 @ 10:30 pm
Have you had time to look at the skin? I have a gig sat and would like to use this without the error. Thanks...

Mensajes Wed 30 Apr 14 @ 5:07 pm
blckjck wrote :
The sweet scratch resolution is 1280x800 wich is taller then your screen. That's why you getting the error.
I would try the resize again. Change the 800 to 768 first. Then change the 1280 to 1366 by just adding to the browser area.

I won't have time until next week to do it.

Did you have a chance to look at this? I need this for Saturday if possible. I ruined everything to resize and it missed up part of the graphics that go around the moving record and show time left....

Mensajes Thu 01 May 14 @ 9:25 pm
I'm sorry I have not gotten to this yet. I was hoping to have time this week, but I've had two jobs all week. I just blew the front shaft on my truck tonight. We will see how tomorrow goes. Have you tried a 4 deck skin or something?

Mensajes Fri 02 May 14 @ 1:28 am
blckjck wrote :
I'm sorry I have not gotten to this yet. I was hoping to have time this week, but I've had two jobs all week. I ju
st blew the front shaft on my truck tonight. We will see how tomorrow goes. Have you tried a 4 deck skin or something?

There is no other 4 deck skin that includes selectable timecode and looks like serato. Any ideas?

Mensajes Fri 02 May 14 @ 6:03 am
djqwikcut wrote :
looks like serato.

Eh? Why does it need to look like Serato software?

Mensajes Fri 02 May 14 @ 6:24 am
groovindj wrote :
djqwikcut wrote :
looks like serato.

Eh? Why does it need to look like Serato software?

Does not have to but it DOES need selectable time code. I have not found one skin with selectable time code (where you can select which deck on each side to have the timecode or not). This seems to be the only one that does this. The default 4 deck skins to not have this feature...

I am surprised that no one has made any other skin like this..

Mensajes Fri 02 May 14 @ 8:00 am
How about assigning keyboard keys or controller buttons (if you use one) to do the same thing? That way you would not be restricted by what a particular skin offers.

Mensajes Fri 02 May 14 @ 8:08 am
groovindj wrote :
How about assigning keyboard keys or controller buttons (if you use one) to do the same thing? That way you would not be restricted by what a particular skin offers.

Im using TIMECODE with CDJ 800's .. I need it to be on screen buttons. I have a touch screen computer now (the old one was not so I used the mouse). The skin I want to use has everything laid out really nice for quick mixing with timecode .. I do use a small Denon DN-HC1000S controller but there are not enough buttons (and I have everything assigned already). Honestly dont even know how do assign buttons for timecode. The skin I want to us actually has 4 buttons on top of 4 waveforms where I can turn on and off time code and it also automatically turns off one time code when I turn on the other (for each side).

Mensajes Fri 02 May 14 @ 8:32 am
83%