Ingreso rápido:  

Forum: Old versions

Tema: Screen resolution and SKINS - Page: 2

Este tópico es antiguo y puede contener información incorrecta para la nueva versión.

Yes I realise you're using timecode. There's no need to repeat it in capital letters!

This is the first time you've mentioned a touch screen though. Regardless of whether you have a touch screen or are using timecodes - your laptop still has a keyboard, and the operation carried out by those skin buttons could (I assume) be assigned to keyboard shortcuts.

The only difference would be that instead of prodding the screen with your finger, you'd be prodding the keyboard - which is nearer to you and also more tactile.

All I'm offering here is a possible solution to your issue.

The skin size thing (skin authors leaving users to resize it) has been a shortcoming with VDJ for years. It looks like VDJ 8 may well have removed the issue, but we'll just have to carry on waiting for that. :-)

Mensajes Fri 02 May 14 @ 9:26 am
groovindj wrote :
Yes I realise you're using timecode. There's no need to repeat it in capital letters!

This is the first time you've mentioned a touch screen though. Regardless of whether you have a touch screen or are using timecodes - your laptop still has a keyboard, and the operation carried out by those skin buttons could (I assume) be assigned to keyboard shortcuts.

The only difference would be that instead of prodding the screen with your finger, you'd be prodding the keyboard - which is nearer to you and also more tactile.

All I'm offering here is a possible solution to your issue.

The skin size thing (skin authors leaving users to resize it) has been a shortcoming with VDJ for years. It looks like VDJ 8 may well have removed the issue, but we'll just have to carry on waiting for that. :-)

Actually, the touch screen isnt important. If I cannot get that, I am OK. I wish I knew how to set shortcuts so that I could switch timecode. Last year I spent a few hours trying to get the default 4 deck skin to do that this skin does. Anyway, I think I found another skin... TCMANIA 4 deck swap. It looks like it has timecode on and off. HOWEVER, the made the spinning records and wave form at the top so big that it doesnt leave much room for th browser window at the bottom. Any way to fix this?

Thanks ...

Mensajes Fri 02 May 14 @ 10:27 am
djqwikcut wrote :
I wish I knew how to set shortcuts

Having a quick look at the XML for Sweet Scratch, the code for those buttons is listed under Active Timecode and the actions are:

"deck 1 timecode_active & deck 3 timecode_active & deck 1 timecode_active"
"deck 3 timecode_active & deck 1 timecode_active & deck 3 timecode_active"
"deck 2 timecode_active & deck 4 timecode_active & deck 2 timecode_active"
"deck 4 timecode_active & deck 2 timecode_active & deck 4 timecode_active"

Those commands would be what you'd need to assign to whatever keys you chose on your keyboard.

Don't ask me why they appear to duplicate commands and activate the timecode on other decks - I'm not a VDJScript guru!

[edit] I also found this thread where you've been commenting yourself, four year ago!

djqwikcut wrote :
Any way to fix this?

Not without editing the size of the bitmap elements in the skin - which is best left to those who have the knowledge. You can however run the browser full screen if/when you need to.

Mensajes Fri 02 May 14 @ 10:44 am
groovindj wrote :
djqwikcut wrote :
I wish I knew how to set shortcuts

Having a quick look at the XML for Sweet Scratch, the code for those buttons is listed under Active Timecode and the actions are:

"deck 1 timecode_active & deck 3 timecode_active & deck 1 timecode_active"
"deck 3 timecode_active & deck 1 timecode_active & deck 3 timecode_active"
"deck 2 timecode_active & deck 4 timecode_active & deck 2 timecode_active"
"deck 4 timecode_active & deck 2 timecode_active & deck 4 timecode_active"

Those commands would be what you'd need to assign to whatever keys you chose on your keyboard.

Don't ask me why they appear to duplicate commands and activate the timecode on other decks - I'm not a VDJScript guru!

[edit] I also found this thread

djqwikcut wrote :
Any way to fix this?

Not without editing the size of the bitmap elements in the skin - which is best left to those who have the knowledge. You can however run the browser full screen if/when you need to.

Just tried that and I dont like the full screen view... hmmm.. If there is anyone on here that can help I would appreciate it...

Mensajes Fri 02 May 14 @ 10:51 am

(Los tópicos y foros antiguos son automáticamente cerrados)