Ingreso rápido:  

Forum: Old versions

Tema: Jog Wheel Issue - Page: 1

Esta parte del tópico es antigua y puede contener información incorrecta para la nueva versión.

MerkuryPRO InfinityMember since 2006
Hi, i have owned my mk2 console for approx one month with little problem so far. But one fault with my console is that the right jog wheel does not work properly.

The left jog wheel is fine, and in sets where 'reloads' are used, (where the jog wheel is span backwards quickly to bring back the tune) works properly. However, the right jog wheel makes the mp3 stutter, move forward and reverse about a second.

The jog wheel seems to physically react the same as the left one, but fails to the control the mp3 as i would like. Anybody solved this issue before? Thanks in advance

Mensajes Sun 11 Jun 06 @ 1:59 pm
sbangsPRO InfinityMember since 2004
try checking settings on console control pannel and the vdj shortcut sections.

Mensajes Mon 12 Jun 06 @ 11:21 am
xeonPRO InfinityModeratorMember since 2004
I would advise you to try with DJC Mapper but as you can see here it is inpossible. But i am sure it should works well even without it.
Or you can try to reinstall VDJ, maybe it will help.

Mensajes Mon 12 Jun 06 @ 4:33 pm
hey

sounds like my contoller has the same problem. I have limited knowledge of midi but tried the midi monitor thing to see what signals the right jog wheel was giving and it is definitely different to the left wheel.

The left wheel when spun ccw reads B0 36 7F Constantly but when doing the same with the right wheel it changes between BO 37 7F and BO 37 01

the left wheel also reads 127 consistently, the right wheel changes between 1 and 127.

Would I be right in thinking the controller is at fault and should be sent back or is there a way to "reboot it" for a fix?

thanks for your help

G

Mensajes Wed 28 Jun 06 @ 12:08 am
xeonPRO InfinityModeratorMember since 2004
for start, reinstall it with lastest drivers.

Mensajes Wed 28 Jun 06 @ 8:12 am
Hi

it is only a week old but i double checked and I am up to date.

Anymore suggestions?

My hunch is that the console is faulty but if someone else could confirm my hunch that would make sending it back a bit easier.

thanks again

G

Mensajes Wed 28 Jun 06 @ 10:06 am
erxonPRO InfinityMember since 2003
scruffyg wrote :
The left wheel when spun ccw reads B0 36 7F Constantly but when doing the same with the right wheel it changes between BO 37 7F and BO 37 01

the left wheel also reads 127 consistently, the right wheel changes between 1 and 127.

I'd say that this is not normal behaviour for a controler. Unless you can overcome the problem using the DJC mapper and reinstalling drivers, I would turn to Herculess technicall staff - it could be a faulty piece of hardware.

If some owner of same controler (with normal behaviour) could verify his midi signals, it would be a big help for you.

Regards.

Mensajes Wed 28 Jun 06 @ 11:02 am
Hi

What I should make clear is that it kind of flickers between the different values, almost randomly, where as the good jog wheel shows the same numbers all the time, the bad one jumps between the two numbers.

thanks again.

G

Mensajes Wed 28 Jun 06 @ 11:57 am
djcelPRO InfinityModeratorMember since 2004
B0 36 xx : left jog
B0 37 xx : right jog

For both jogs (values depends on the rotary speed):

1) Counterclockwise:
values xx from "7F" to "40" in hexadecimal (so from "127" to "40" in decimal)

2) Clockwise:
values xx from "01" to "3F" in hexadecimal (so from "1" to "63" in decimal)

Mensajes Wed 28 Jun 06 @ 8:50 pm
Thanks for that, I have those details but what seems to be happening is that when I slowly jog it back it works as it should but when I spin it back fast to rewind a few bars or so - all it does is jog back a little then go forward again.

From what I can ascertain with my limited knowledge is that on the fast spin back the midi signal isn't correct, its "confused". I don't know if the wheel isn't making contact with something or how that works? The actual wheel spins fine, it jogs fine it just doesn't make the track spin back.

I'm confused to??

G

Mensajes Thu 29 Jun 06 @ 1:36 pm
hi Scruffyg

EXACTLY SAME THING HERE!!! Left jog works fine, Righ one does crazy stuff when spun quickly :( :(

BTW looks like a bug to me rather than a problem with the jog itself

Mensajes Thu 29 Jun 06 @ 5:44 pm
so.... what should we do ???? are you guys turning the console back on warranty???? not sure what to do myself (mine is 1 month old)

Mensajes Sun 02 Jul 06 @ 10:20 pm
djcelPRO InfinityModeratorMember since 2004
Well see with the Hercules support

Mensajes Sun 02 Jul 06 @ 10:32 pm
I have spoken to the people I have got the console off and they said send it back, but yeah I agree with you. The wheel seems to function as it should, ie it spins and feels the same as the left one but it does seem like a bug rather than a physical malfunction.

nice to know I am not alone!!

G

Mensajes Mon 03 Jul 06 @ 10:26 pm
I've opened a ticket @ Hercules support. Let's see what they have to say. My console is only 1 month old I'd hate to send it back in the middle of the summer.

Mensajes Thu 06 Jul 06 @ 5:06 pm
Just to make sure, have you downloaded the newest drivers from their website?? I know you said it is only a week old, but it could have been sitting in a box somewhere for god knows how long. I got mine and the drivers weren't the right ones and I had problems before I updated. Just a stab in the dark. Cheers Brian.

Mensajes Thu 06 Jul 06 @ 9:56 pm
Disco... that was first thing I did when I bought the console. Thanks for the tip though.

I got the msg back from Hercules Support and as expected they ask me to make sure I have the latest drivers and if it doesn't help then try midi monitor.

I tried with Midi-OX (great tool BTW) and it confirms all our fears:

1. Consistent/correct input for left jog forwards and backwards (01s or 7Fs) at any speed
2. Consistent/correct input for right jog forwards (01s) at any speed
3. PROBLEM with input for right jog BACKWARDS when spun quickly (some strange 01s get into the stream of 7Fs)

In summary: looks like a defect and I'm angry. First the problem with the headphone mix mode and now this...

Going to report to Hercules and I'll keep you updated

Mensajes Fri 07 Jul 06 @ 11:03 am
Thanks Pirracas

That's exactly what mine does, and the read out sounds very similar but I used a different tool to check I think it was midi monitor.

I am up to date with drivers too.

Appreciate the updates and I look forward to hearing what they say.

cheers
G

Mensajes Fri 07 Jul 06 @ 3:23 pm
Hi scruffyg et al.

Got message back from Hercules. They advice to have the console exchanged at my local retailer as it seems the console is faulty as we all suspected.

Now, the questions is... how come there is some of us with exact the same problem: faulty batch?

I hope I can do an exchange "on the fly" ....

cheers

Mensajes Fri 07 Jul 06 @ 8:14 pm
I tried the jogs today for the first time properly after owning my console for months (usually use tcv) and I have the same problem. I can't believe how badly the Mk2 has been put together. I tried getting a replacement a long time ago due to grounding problems but unfortunately I have voided my warranty... damn. Superglue = bad, opening console = bad too!

Had I not opened the console though I wouldn't have known how bad things really are with it. Upon receiving my Mk2 there were audibly loose components inside, turned out to be the bolts for the ground connectors, this led the whole socket to come detached from the console! Just as bad, the ground wires internally of the console had to little solder applied to them that one wasn't even connected at all. Although I could have fixed this myself (warrenty voided by this point) I also had a broken line/phono switch so sent the unit back for replacement - 2 months later, get it back, sorry your warranty is void, damn.. they could at least not have torn my box up! It was mint when I shipped it; at least the company I bought it with appear to have got the internals fixed although I fear to shop with them again lol.

I also have this jogwheel problem too, I suppose there must be a bad batch of Mk2's floating around, do you both live in Europe? Anyway, whatever you do, don't open the console :)

On the other hand, maybe Hercules just suck. The drivers are awful and they seem to have no motivation to ever fix them.

Mensajes Sat 08 Jul 06 @ 5:08 am
74%