Ingreso rápido:  

Forum: Old versions

Tema: Try This! Laptop + VDJ 4.1r2 + BCD2000 - Page: 1

Esta parte del tópico es antigua y puede contener información incorrecta para la nueva versión.

Ok i spent 3 hours reading the forums with regards to the known problems when using these three items, and i must admit that all the different sugestions pissed me off and frustrated the $#&@#@@* out of me. These are the settings that worked for me. I borrowed one to try it out, now i can go out and buy my own!!

NOTE: My irq ARE "conflicting"

STEP 1: turn off/disable your wireless network antena

Inputs: None
Outputs: Headphones
Soundcards: BCD2000

Output Chanels: Master: Chan 1-2 / Headphones: Chan 3-4

Click OK

STEP 3: click on Settings -> Performance

Latency : Auto

Make sure that only the following are checked!

Overlock
Latency
Simple Algorythm
Basic Interpolation
Fast

STEP 4: Open the BCD2000 Control Panel
Make sure that only the following are checked

Phono A
B-DJ

This worked for me! played about 4 hours with no glitches, let me know how it works out for you guys!
Note im running XP HOME, AMD Athlon XP 2800, 256 MB RAM

Mensajes Mon 11 Dec 06 @ 5:57 am
Hey djrasza

Thanks for your post.

Just wondering if you have used Hercules dj console mk 2 and how they both compare?

I was thinking of Bcd 2000 but just read all these negative posts on how hard it is to set up , especially for LAPTOP.

In your opinion do you think it is stable?

Or should I start off with dj console mk 2

If you can she d light on this would be great man ….

Arrabistadj

Mensajes Mon 11 Dec 06 @ 10:08 am
Hey arrabistadj, first of all you must be aware that im bias, personally i prefer my two decks and my mixer over all this tech stuff, but since i had the oportunity to try them out, i did.

i quickly tried out the mk2 and the bcd2000 at the store, i found that the mk2 is much smaller than the bcd2000 ( mk2 is 9.5" x 8" ) ( bcd2000 is 13" x 12" ), personally i found that the behringer gives you more room for your fingers, i liked that, nothing beats pushing/sliding something in the middle of a session. thats why i borrowed the bcd2000 from a buddy of mine.
However, the mk2 seems to give people less compatability problems since the interface is based on VDJ.
Also because of this my buddies say that its more stable.

I found that the behringer was very stable, once i got it going i liked it, easy to set up your personal preferences, very easy to use and like i said it gives you a lot of room to get your hands in there and do what you need to do.
Something you must take into consideration is that im not paying music videos, so i dont know how the bcd2000 performs with videos.

The bottom line is that your best bet is to try out both of them and see wich one is right for you. Most places should take them back if you are not happy with them anyways.
I like the look of the behringer over the mk2, but im not going to run out and get one asap, but i will put it on my wishlist.

Remember at the end of the day you have to do what you have to do

Mensajes Mon 11 Dec 06 @ 6:29 pm
Interesting quote from one of the guys at the store

mk2 is like a 12 year old jamming in his room
bcd2000 is like a 18 year old jamming in a club

Mensajes Mon 11 Dec 06 @ 6:33 pm
sbangsPRO InfinityMember since 2004
djrasza wrote :
Interesting quote from one of the guys at the store

mk2 is like a 12 year old jamming in his room
bcd2000 is like a 18 year old jamming in a club

;) thanks

Mensajes Mon 11 Dec 06 @ 6:45 pm
Does the BCD2000 have a problem playing Videos or Karaoke?

Mensajes Mon 11 Dec 06 @ 6:59 pm
shouldnt

problems only ocur if it conflicts with other hardware

Mensajes Mon 11 Dec 06 @ 7:00 pm
sorry skyfxl its nothing personal, like i said, its a quote from the guys at the store..

Mensajes Tue 12 Dec 06 @ 12:42 am
One more question..

I believe I read the Mic and Input on the BCD2000 doesn’t work with VDJ…

If so, is it with Laptops and Desktops ?

Mensajes Tue 12 Dec 06 @ 3:21 am
sorry didnt even try that

Mensajes Tue 12 Dec 06 @ 5:06 am
ur right the mk2 is smaller then the BCD but the mk2 is stable. U will fine that the 12yr old (off drugs) will play a lot longer then the 18yr old (on drugs). by drugs i mean having to turn off this and that (sounds like a old man). with the mk2 all u do is connect it and go. I agree that it is small and the buttons r close together but if u r in a club where other djs spin wax then u r out of luck because the BCD will not have that. I like my BCD but I will not use it again until they fix the ASIO driver so I don't have to cut everything off.

Mensajes Tue 12 Dec 06 @ 7:46 am
djrasza wrote :
sorry skyfxl its nothing personal, like i said, its a quote from the guys at the store..

do a search on the forum for pete tongs

review ;)

he quite dissagrees

Mensajes Tue 12 Dec 06 @ 10:38 am
dJ djrasza !
Once again man thanks for a really informative reply to the post.

Things are getting clearer and clearer with regards to this topic.

Can you tell me which version of virtual dj tyou were using with the BCD 2000?

Hope you are well ?

I love the analogy!

I don’t know if I wanna be a “12 or 18 year old”!

Just wanna play music off the old laptop!

Thanks again

Arrabistadj

Mensajes Tue 12 Dec 06 @ 3:13 pm
VDJ 4.1r2 and by the way, i dint mean to stomp on anyone, THE GUYS AT THE STORE SAID IT!! NOT ME!

Mensajes Tue 12 Dec 06 @ 8:33 pm
Most people who bash the mk2 either don't own one or haven't set it up properly. I have been using mine almost 1 year now and I would not trade it for anything. It is very stable and for me, it is the best soundcard/controller for use with timecode cds because it acts as both. I use it in professional applications with timecode cds and pro sound system in clubs and elsewhere weekly, and it does the job exceptionally well with 4.1r2.

People say it does not look pro, that may partially be true if you refer to it as a standalone setup. If you incorporate it in your existing cd console with timecode, it actually compliments your setup!

I don't care what anyone says, the mk2 is a very solid product of very good quality .

Mensajes Tue 12 Dec 06 @ 9:18 pm
djrasza wrote :
VDJ 4.1r2 and by the way, i dint mean to stomp on anyone, THE GUYS AT THE STORE SAID IT!! NOT ME!

dont worry lol our anoyance is with the store not you :)

Mensajes Tue 12 Dec 06 @ 11:35 pm
just to be fair i borrowed an mk2 from a buddy and......

One setup on my laptop was all i needed, played 3 hours nonstop not one glitch, took about 5 minutes to get everything up and running. No guess work!! Unbelievable.

However, im not too fond of the setup ( location of knobs & buttons ) i find it to be too crowded.
And i like the idea of the sliders for volume & tempo rather than a knob.
Also i was not too impressed with the inputs and knobs at the front side of the console, i would rather have all the cables and wires at the back of the console.
I do, however, liked the size, its amazing how much they can cram into such a small machine.

My verdict, im still not sold on the whole tech stuff, i still prefer my two cd decks and mixer.
I will say that if i had to choose one based on the look and feel it would be bcd2000, if its for comon sense its definetaly the mk2.

So there! bash me!

Mensajes Thu 14 Dec 06 @ 1:10 am
lol bcd has just been canceled in its current state for a complete overhal of the design concider it a bcd 2

Mensajes Thu 14 Dec 06 @ 12:30 pm
sergius2 for security reasons your message won't appear until a moderator has reviewed it.

Mensajes Fri 15 Dec 06 @ 11:56 pm
all hail lady cameron :-)

Mensajes Sat 16 Dec 06 @ 12:03 am
77%