Ingreso rápido:  

Forum: General Discussion

Tema: DN-HC4500 CONTROLLER - Page: 13

Esta parte del tópico es antigua y puede contener información incorrecta para la nueva versión.

@beach,
this controller has 2 stereo outputs and no inputs, so if you would like to use timecode you need another sound card with at least 2 stereo inputs. But why would you use timecode and such a controller together?
Ewout

Mensajes Thu 11 Oct 07 @ 9:08 pm
I wanna buy this thing so bad, but I cant seem to find it here in Ohio. On the dealer locator it states that Guitar Center is a dealer but it is not shown on their site, any info??

Mensajes Thu 11 Oct 07 @ 9:52 pm
szeppieriPRO InfinityDenonMember since 2005
discobrian24 wrote :
I wanna buy this thing so bad, but I cant seem to find it here in Ohio. On the dealer locator it states that Guitar Center is a dealer but it is not shown on their site, any info??

I'm sorry about that.
GC can special order for you.

Mensajes Fri 12 Oct 07 @ 12:16 am
Superstom wrote :
@beach,
this controller has 2 stereo outputs and no inputs, so if you would like to use timecode you need another sound card with at least 2 stereo inputs. But why would you use timecode and such a controller together?
Ewout

Why do they show a picture of it with a CD/turntable on eather side if it cant run time code ?

http://www.zzounds.com/item--DENDNHC4500

When im doing real scratching (hip hop gig) .. I would rather use my CDJ 800's ... the controller would be great for all other tasks

Mensajes Fri 12 Oct 07 @ 1:02 am
A Man and His Music wrote :
CanSpoilU wrote :
I am building a new VDJ DJ system for my bar... I guess it makes sense to just get the Denon now and hope they eventually release native support?

Will the Denon work now without the native support? (at least for basic stuff?)

That makes no sense to me. Hope is not a plan. Why not wait and see what happens? Although they have great intentions, anything can happen.

Well what do you think the alternative is? If all the basic features of this controller work... or if it can be midi mapped... is there a major issue with this? Is there another controller out there that is better than the Denon?

Mensajes Fri 12 Oct 07 @ 1:16 am
szeppieriPRO InfinityDenonMember since 2005
beach wrote :
Superstom wrote :
@beach,
Ewout

Why do they show a picture of it with a CD/turntable on eather side if it cant run time code ?

http://www.zzounds.com/item--DENDNHC4500

When im doing real scratching (hip hop gig) .. I would rather use my CDJ 800's ... the controller would be great for all other tasks

The Denon decks "CAN" run timecode just like your 800 decks.

Mensajes Fri 12 Oct 07 @ 1:17 am
Denon DJ wrote :

Your not making yourself very clear ... .well at least not to me ... sorry im so slow.

Please treat me like a child and explain yourself in detail....

are you saying the "denon decks" can run time code with this controller and the 500/900 mixer setup ?

... or are you saying my 800 decks can run time code with this controller / mixer combo ?

........ or ... are you saying that this controller mixer combo can not run time code with ANY decks .. and that picture is misleading ... well to me at least ?

Mensajes Fri 12 Oct 07 @ 7:15 am
@beach

You would probably need this additional Denon item:

http://www.denondj.com/prodview_item.asp?pid=66&cid=6

The BU-4500 is compatible with the HC4500 controller. The retail price for it is about $379. You would burn two timecode CDs and place them into the BU-4500 to control VDJ with the HC4500. It would be about the same as controlling VDJ with a Denon dual CD player and timecoded CDs. However, I could be wrong….

OO

Mensajes Fri 12 Oct 07 @ 6:29 pm
beach wrote :

... are you saying that this controller mixer combo can not run time code with ANY decks .. and that picture is misleading ... well to me at least ?

If you are referring to this picture that I also posted on the previous page, the BU-4500 is the bottom item:

OO

Mensajes Fri 12 Oct 07 @ 6:43 pm
beach wrote :
Denon DJ wrote :

Your not making yourself very clear ... .well at least not to me ... sorry im so slow.

Please treat me like a child and explain yourself in detail....

are you saying the "denon decks" can run time code with this controller and the 500/900 mixer setup ?

... or are you saying my 800 decks can run time code with this controller / mixer combo ?

........ or ... are you saying that this controller mixer combo can not run time code with ANY decks .. and that picture is misleading ... well to me at least ?

The picture you linked, was just an example how this controller could be included in a setup.

Like Denon said, it is possible to use time code in combination with this controller, but you will need another sound card with 2 stereo inputs like the Maya USB. For time code you could use the Denon 3500s (like in the picture you linked) or with the cdj800s you already have or with 2 turntables or....
The 500/900 mixer could be attached to the controler to control the crossfader in your software.

I have a setup like the picture you linked, with a computer running vdj and two cd players (Denon 1000s) to play normal cds, not using timecode.
Ewout

Mensajes Fri 12 Oct 07 @ 7:09 pm
Hey... important question. Is the X-Control proerties of this controller functional with Virtual DJ right now with the current support?

I need to know if I have an X500 mixer and a 4500 controller... can I control the crossfader in VDJ using the X500 fader. Thanks.

Mensajes Sat 13 Oct 07 @ 6:43 am
I don't beleive so. The controller was designed to work with PCDJ Reflex and you more that likely will not be able to have the X-effect do ANYTHING with VDJ until they offer native support for it. You can MIDI map the controller however you want, and it works quite nicely when you do, but i would say that you can't do that just yet. I work for a DJ supply store and i picked up one of the first units to arrive in the store. I am very happy with the unit.

It's plug-n-play for both the soundcard and the midi capabilities. No drivers are necessary unless you want to install the ASIO drivers. I also have yet to figure out a way to have the display function with VDJ 5.02. Currently it works just fine, but i can't change the jog function without changing the midi mapping or have the display show time and tag info. I was using timecodes and i can tell you i may ditch them completely after getting this controller. I also have not been able to figure out how to map the 2nd and 3rd hot cue stutter in VDJ to a MIDI function. can anyone tell me how to do that?

Mensajes Mon 15 Oct 07 @ 3:41 am
i was finaly able to order mine and it should be here by the end of this week :):):):):):):):):):):)

Mensajes Mon 15 Oct 07 @ 5:15 am
Damm... well if X-Control doesn't work with VDJ then I am going to have to wait for some native support. I need a way to crossfade the videos using the 4500 and a X500 mixer. I didn't want to have to use a separate A/B video switch.

Mensajes Mon 15 Oct 07 @ 5:18 pm
baldkat82 wrote :
I also have yet to figure out a way to have the display function with VDJ 5.02. Currently it works just fine, but i can't change the jog function without changing the midi mapping or have the display show time and tag info. I was using timecodes and i can tell you i may ditch them completely after getting this controller. I also have not been able to figure out how to map the 2nd and 3rd hot cue stutter in VDJ to a MIDI function. can anyone tell me how to do that?

The display and LED's need native support to function - They will not work if you are using MIDI to custom map the controller. There is support for the Denon HC4500 in VDJ 5.0 r4, but from what I've heard this may not be finished yet and isn't fully functional. Obviously with native support enabled, you will not be able to use MIDI to customise the button functions. With native support, you must use the built-in assignments. The only way to have customised button assignments and working displays at present is to write a custom mapper in C++ - If I can get hold of a HC4500 I will be writing one similar to the two I've already done for the DAC-3 and DMC-2.

For MIDI mapping, try using the wheel action for the jogwheel and wheelmode assigned to a button (JOG MODE) to toggle it (VDJ 5.0 r4 is needed for these new actions.) For hot cues, use the action hotcue with the appropriate cue point number for the value.

Mensajes Mon 15 Oct 07 @ 7:32 pm
CanSpoilU wrote :
Damm... well if X-Control doesn't work with VDJ then I am going to have to wait for some native support. I need a way to crossfade the videos using the 4500 and a X500 mixer. I didn't want to have to use a separate A/B video switch.

That is why I suggested you take a wait and see approach. Wait until they have had a chance to map and test before you pluck down your hard earned money. Me, I would wait until I had a chance to at least touch it. I know you have an install to do, just tell them it is a great controller, but it's not available yet. You think it would work great in their club, but you would like to test it first, to make sure it has all the capabilities they need. They will understand.

Mensajes Mon 15 Oct 07 @ 9:23 pm
Any news yet? I'm waiting for a good answer so I can buy the software.

Mensajes Tue 16 Oct 07 @ 3:58 pm
A Man and His Music wrote :
CanSpoilU wrote :

That is why I suggested you take a wait and see approach. Wait until they have had a chance to map and test before you pluck down your hard earned money. Me, I would wait until I had a chance to at least touch it. I know you have an install to do, just tell them it is a great controller, but it's not available yet. You think it would work great in their club, but you would like to test it first, to make sure it has all the capabilities they need. They will understand.

Well i already demoed the controller. They had it on display at a local DJ store by me. They even had some in stock. I like the touch sensitive jog wheels. Its a very nice controller.

All i need is x-control to work and basic functionality (cue/play/loop/etc). I don't need the LEDs. But I definitely need X-Control since my club has Denon equipment I need a way to crossfade video.

So I guess i'll just wait it out till at least X-Control is up and working.

Mensajes Tue 16 Oct 07 @ 4:26 pm
You shouldn't need the X-effect to work to crossfade the video unless you want to be able to scratch and cut the video along with the audio. You can map a button to do the video fade. You can even map a button to do 2 functions at once if you really want. Map one of the 1,2,3,4,5 keys to be a hot cue AND video fade button. You could even do it to the play button if you wanted to. I have a buddy that was using the DAC-3 with virtual and he had the shift key mapped like that. So when he went to play a song he hit both the play and shift key and voila! video crossfade upon playing the song. I really liked that.

I wouldn't wait to buy this piece if your interested. Just because there isn't native support you'll deny yourself a great piece of gear? Heck, you can map the buttons ANY way you want. I probably won't even use the native support and continue to use my midi assignments. even though i won't get the display to work. I have all that info on my screen anyways... Not really a big deal to me. Perhaps if you get that C++ mapper created... :-) wish i had that ability.

Mensajes Wed 17 Oct 07 @ 6:41 am
baldkat82 wrote :
I have a buddy that was using the DAC-3 with virtual and he had the shift key mapped like that. So when he went to play a song he hit both the play and shift key and voila! video crossfade upon playing the song. I really liked that.

He was probably using my DAC-3 mapper which does that when pressing SHIFT+PLAY - I will do something similar for the Denon once I get hold of one (Not available in the UK yet.)

baldkat82 wrote :
I probably won't even use the native support and continue to use my midi assignments. even though i won't get the display to work. I have all that info on my screen anyways...

That's true, but the great thing about these controllers with text displays is that you can use VDJ without looking at your screen, which is particularly good when your laptop/computer is off to one side or even behind you due to limited space.

baldkat82 wrote :
Perhaps if you get that C++ mapper created... :-) wish i had that ability.

I will be writing one very soon.

Mensajes Wed 17 Oct 07 @ 7:10 pm
83%