Ingreso rápido:  

Forum: General Discussion

Tema: DN-HC4500 CONTROLLER - Page: 14

Esta parte del tópico es antigua y puede contener información incorrecta para la nueva versión.

Is anybody using VDJ with this controller? if yes, how does it feel/perform? any feedback will be nice, i have the controller and no software so I'm looking to buy VDJ, Thanks.

Mensajes Thu 18 Oct 07 @ 4:09 pm
@djelgato,
if you already have the controller, you could simply download the Demo version here from the website and try it yourself.
Ewout

Mensajes Thu 18 Oct 07 @ 11:56 pm
CanSpoilU wrote :
Damm... well if X-Control doesn't work with VDJ then I am going to have to wait for some native support....

It doesn’t look like VDJ will get native support for the Denon controller anytime soon:

Quote :
Originally posted by dj-in-norway

As of NOW that is..
Rev 4 of neither products, have had a Denon controller for testing. Only Reflex has had that kind of direct development.

So, first only FULL support in Reflex, then Reflex and PCDJ VJ.

As said, it FULL support will be for PCDJ products first... exclusively.

The above post was taken from the following thread in the PCDJ VJ forum (16th post):

http://message.pcdj.com/showthread.php?s=d7074f1aa71258c408d51c5cc07be0ba&threadid=17125&perpage=20&pagenumber=3

OO

Mensajes Fri 19 Oct 07 @ 6:46 pm
Is there any progress on "mapping" the controller? Or maybe a skin? native support?

Mensajes Mon 22 Oct 07 @ 5:34 pm
I will be doing a mapper for this controller soon, but this won't be available until next month at the earliest. The Denon HC4500 isn't available in the UK until the end of this month. The mapper will be available to registered pro users only.

Mensajes Mon 22 Oct 07 @ 7:21 pm
Well, I'm waiting for good news to become a registered pro user. I want to buy software that will work with the controller. As u know Reflex is not out yet (and maybe never!!!) so I Think VDJ is a lot better and I will much rather buy VDJ and I would like to see native support before buying any software.

Mensajes Mon 22 Oct 07 @ 8:13 pm
djelgato wrote :
Is there any progress on "mapping" the controller? Or maybe a skin? native support?

I guess you didn't try the MIDI mapper that I created earlier this month for the HC-4500... it's been working flawlessly for me.

http://rapidshare.com/files/60347690/DN-HC4500.xml

Mensajes Mon 22 Oct 07 @ 9:12 pm
I have been using HeyDJBren's mapper, good job!

How long until we can expect some Display information working on the HC4500? I am guessing that is going to be more complicated than just mapping keys.

I can't wait until we get full functionality from the 4500!

Mensajes Tue 23 Oct 07 @ 8:03 pm
With MIDI, you can map the buttons as you like, but you will not have working displays. With native support or a custom mapper plugin DLL you will have to use pre-assigned buttons as chosen by the developer, but you will have fully working displays and LED's.

The HC4500 is present in the options of VDJ 5.0 rev 4, but I don't know whether this is fully working or not yet.

Once I get hold of a HC4500, I will write a custom mapper plugin for it similar to what I've done for the DAC-3 and DMC-2. This will offer enhanced functionality and fully working LED's and displays.

Mensajes Tue 23 Oct 07 @ 8:24 pm
jpboggis wrote :
Once I get hold of a HC4500, I will write a custom mapper plugin for it similar to what I've done for the DAC-3 and DMC-2. This will offer enhanced functionality and fully working LED's and displays.

Thanks jpboggis.... As stated in my previous post, Atomix will focus on giving PCDJ VJ native support first, which is understandable:

Quote :
Originally posted by dj-in-norway

As of NOW that is..
Rev 4 of neither products, have had a Denon controller for testing. Only Reflex has had that kind of direct development.

So, first only FULL support in Reflex, then Reflex and PCDJ VJ.

As said, it FULL support will be for PCDJ products first... exclusively.

Your mapper plugin will eliminate the wait for VDJ, Cue, and Virtual Vinyl users.

OO

Mensajes Thu 25 Oct 07 @ 4:43 pm
wait a sec

If you read the manual for 5.0 it says right in it that it has native support for the 4500 so why do u think thereis no native support, what am i missing here, help me out?

Mensajes Fri 26 Oct 07 @ 2:48 am
szeppieriPRO InfinityDenonMember since 2005
automagp68 wrote :
wait a sec

If you read the manual for 5.0 it says right in it that it has native support for the 4500 so why do u think thereis no native support, what am i missing here, help me out?

That must be a typo.
Native support is not ready yet as mentioned on last page.

Mensajes Sat 27 Oct 07 @ 12:43 am
Is native support ever going to be available from VDJ?

Mensajes Mon 29 Oct 07 @ 12:17 pm
djelgato wrote :
Is native support ever going to be available from VDJ?

Read the replies in this post again, and you will have the answer, a couple of times.

Mensajes Mon 29 Oct 07 @ 9:31 pm
@jpboggis

Are you working on the mapper?

OO

Mensajes Fri 30 Nov 07 @ 11:54 am
Is the last day of the month, hopely jpboggis' mapper will be ready :)

Mensajes Fri 30 Nov 07 @ 12:06 pm
Thanks for the info.

OO

Mensajes Fri 30 Nov 07 @ 12:21 pm
Has anyone mapped the X500 Mixer Capabilities through the 4500 yet?

-=Woody=-

Mensajes Mon 03 Dec 07 @ 12:32 pm
I tried to map it via midi with no luck, hopely with jpboggis' mapper could be possible to change native midi function of fader, but first of all denon needs to release a firmware or driver update because of the freezing problem.

Mensajes Mon 03 Dec 07 @ 2:46 pm
manquin_dj

I have to midi mappers for the HC4500 that work flawsley, let me know if you want them.

Mensajes Mon 03 Dec 07 @ 5:21 pm
90%