Ingreso rápido:  

Forum: Music discussion

Tema: How to use the headphones on VDJ - Page: 2

Este tópico es antiguo y puede contener información incorrecta para la nueva versión.

Helloo peopleim wondering how I listen to one song in the headphones and one song in the speakers?

Mensajes Thu 28 Apr 11 @ 4:05 pm
when i choose the settings Headphones(dual sound cards) and change the pfl, the sound on the other deck gets less/ louder.
can i change this? (I'm only using virtual dj7 home)

Mensajes Sun 25 Sep 11 @ 6:26 am
Hey Everyone
I have a MAc and running Virtual DJ Pro. I want to record from my headphones but i can config the fader to work properly
I seem to have both Side a and b coming through the left side

can any buddy help please

Mensajes Mon 21 Nov 11 @ 7:35 pm
im using an external mixer that i connected to vjd to hear the music through the earphones without hearing it on the speakers .... works like a charm

Mensajes Tue 22 Nov 11 @ 12:05 am
okayi have two radius 3000s and a dv2 usb mixer. now when i but the timecode cds in it will only play on one deck. and when i have vdj7 on headphones it willl also only play on deck A i need help please and thankyou!

Mensajes Sun 27 Nov 11 @ 10:38 am
hey ive recently bought a 5.1 soundcard with a stereo jack plug, and 2 way splitter , ive tryed to connet my decks and mixer to virtual dj as im tryg to control virtual dj by using the decks and mixer as i dnt like using cd's because all my musicc is downloaded and on my computer, can you help please?, would like to know where each cable goes into and the configuration on virtual dj.
thanks.

Mensajes Wed 30 Nov 11 @ 9:11 am
ook so im usng my laptop with a numark mixtrack and i cant figure out how to listen and cue one track on headphones and let one play through my speakers?! can smeone help please

Mensajes Sat 24 Dec 11 @ 8:03 pm
Can anyone tell me how to enable both the cue and the mains to play through the headphones together, so I can preview on the headphones what the combined audio will sound like before crossfading or mixing two tracks?

I can do this on Algoriddim's djay (blue buttons below each deck allow you to turn on/off headphone sound from that deck. This feature was very useful and I'd like to do the same thing on VirtualDJ. I have a USB soundcard on a macbook pro, and the headphone out is coming through correctly for the PFL. The PFL buttons on VDJ (at least on home edition) seem to be mutually exclusive - you get one or the other, never both.

I've searched the forums and can't seem to find an answer to this one (though lots of other useful posts out there) so I thought I'd send this one to the community.

Thanks...

Mensajes Mon 26 Dec 11 @ 10:00 pm
surbanHome userMember since 2011
Sorry for the perhaps 101 questions but I am new to the game. I recently got a Numark DJiO external sound card for my MacBook Pro. I have hooked them up according to the instructions and help from the forums, and think I am *almost* there. Using this config:

Inputs - None
Outputs - External Mixer (Deck 1: Chan 1&2/Deck 2: Chan 3&4)
Soundcard: Numark

From the Numark I have headphones on the Headphone output and my main speaker system on Output 1. Nothing is on Output 2 as it was listed as an optional monitoring output.

I can effectively hear the output of Deck 1 on my main speakers, and also hear deck 2 on my headphones. My problem is that once I have queued deck 2 to the place I want to mix, when I cross fade to deck 2 the mix works fine, but the sound is exclusively now in my headset. Not great for the crowd. :-) I have tried messing with the PFL buttons with no success.

My question is how to I ensure that the transition/fade from deck 1 to deck 2 is heard by the audience and not just in my headphones?

Thanks from the new guy!

Mensajes Tue 27 Dec 11 @ 9:22 am
you have it setup so you can send the individual channels to an external mixer, if you want to use the internal software mixer in vdj set it up as follows..

Inputs - None
Outputs - Headphones (Master: Chan 1&2/Headphones: Chan 3&4)
Soundcard: Numark

Mensajes Tue 27 Dec 11 @ 9:55 am
umm idk what i did i did like what one of the replys said and now my turntables work fine with timecodes thankyou!

Mensajes Wed 04 Jan 12 @ 2:00 pm
Just a tought:

After pulling almost all my hear out, because my headphone didn't do what i wanted it to do... I discovered a switch that turns (don't know the exact english word for that) from MIX to CUE. On my console it was turned to MIX, wich is bad, because you hear not only one song but everything "the crowd" hears. (for now, crowd = my pets)

Maybe a silly, stupid thing, but i'm new to the digital dj-scene.

Perhaps this helps other newbies.
Search for that turnable switch on your console and try it out :)

Mensajes Thu 05 Jan 12 @ 5:52 pm
Re: discjockeydoc I dont have that option!

Mensajes Tue 10 Jan 12 @ 10:37 am
Hi HELLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLPPP PLEASE.

I set the output to headphones(the one with the picture of a pc , a headphone a speaker).here is my question :it says "master : right channel , Headphones :left channel."does it mean i have to go from track one on deck A to B and then stop?cuz when i'm on deck B and playin a song,then how can i listen to my headphone,as it says Headphones :Left channel. i mean it helps only for one track to another track and there is no third track! and here is my second question: on an actual cdj or vinyl,how do they change from track a from deck A to B and then again from b to a without changing the microphone input?does the device automatically know which track is playing out loud and which one is in my headphone? i really don't get it .

Thank you all who help me out and Sorry if I'm stupid in this case !

Mensajes Sun 29 Jan 12 @ 3:01 pm
You cannot do this with VDJ home edition , this is what I was told

Mensajes Thu 21 Nov 13 @ 2:49 pm
Well done on digging up a thread which is almost two years old. I'm sure the mods will be very happy!

As for cueing on Home, see the FAQ page here

Mensajes Thu 21 Nov 13 @ 4:48 pm
daaskHome userMember since 2015

Mensajes Thu 24 Dec 15 @ 11:14 pm
Are you seriously considering spending a whole dollar? :-0

No, do the job properly. At the very least, get yourself a Numark DJIO, Native Instruments Audio 2 or similar. Not some cheap and nasty rubbish from eBay.

Mensajes Thu 24 Dec 15 @ 11:19 pm
daaskHome userMember since 2015
LOL thanks man, like I said, I'm completely new to this. Where can I buy that?

Mensajes Thu 24 Dec 15 @ 11:35 pm
Use Google.

Mensajes Fri 25 Dec 15 @ 10:40 am

(Los tópicos y foros antiguos son automáticamente cerrados)