S. SHIFT: The SHIFT button if held offers additional functionality to several buttons/knobs.
- PLAY: Play/Pauses the track. Hold SHIFT and then press this button to play the track in Stutter mode (while pressed)
- CUE: When the Deck is paused, you can set a temporary Cue Point by moving the Platter to place the Audio Pointer at the desired location and then pressing the Cue Button. During playback, you can press the Cue Button to return the track to this Cue Point. (If you did not set a Cue Point, then it will return to the beginning of the track.). If the Deck is paused, you can press and hold the Cue Button to play the track from the Temporary Cue Point. Releasing the Cue Button will return the track to the temporary Cue Point and pause it. To continue playback without returning to the Temporary Cue Point, press and hold the Cue Button, then press and hold the Play Button, and then release both buttons.
Hold SHIFT and then press this button to return to the beginning of the track
- SYNC: Syncs the deck with the opposite one. Hold SHIFT and then press this button to set the deck as Master Deck. Using 4 decks skins, all other decks will sync to the Master Deck.
- JOG: Touch sensitive platter for scratching (vinyl mode) or bending (CD Mode). Hold SHIFT and use the JOG in Seek (Search) mode.
The LED ring will be colored depending on the selected deck (blue for deck 1, red for deck 2, green for deck 3 and orange for deck 4). A different color indication can be selected via the Settings Pad page. See further details in the Settings chapter
- GRID SLIDE: Hold this button down and then use the Jogwheel (22) to slide the Beat Grid (CBG) of the track to left or right.
Hold SHIFT down and then use this button to double the BPM value of the track.
- GRID ADJUST: Hold this button down to set the current track's position as First-Beat Anchor and then use the Jogwheel (22) to fine-adjust the BPM of the track.
Hold SHIFT down and then use this button to half the BPM value of the track.
- SLIP REVERSE: Press and keep this button down to play the track in reverse. Once the button is released, the track will resume playing from the position it would have been, if the reverse was never triggered (Censor)
Hold SHIFT down and then use this button to toggle between normal and reverse play.
The LED of the button will blink while the track is playing in reverse
- PANEL (available only on the left side). Use this button to cycle through the center panels of the VirtualDJ GUI (MIXER, VIDEO, Scratch and Master ).
Hold SHIFT down and then use this button to open/close the Browser Sideview
- NEEDLE SEARCH : Use this touch-strip to navigate though the track (seek). When track is playing out in Master (audible), the Touchstrip will not function, protecting accidental touch while reaching near a different button/knob.
Hold SHIFT and then use the touchstrip to navigate through the track regardless its playing/audible status.
- PITCH FADER : Adjusts the Tempo of the track
- SLIP: Enables Slip Mode on each deck. Several software functions (such as Jogwheel movements, HotCues and Loops ) will apply temporary on the track, and the track will return to the position it would have been when those functions are not triggered.
Hold SHIFT down and then use this button to toggle between the CD (Bend) and Vinyl ( Scratch ) modes for the Jogwheel
- Master TEMPO: Press this button to enable/disable the Master Tempo (Key Lock) of the deck.
Hold SHIFT down and then press this button to select the next one of the available Pitch ranges for the PITCH/Tempo Slider.